News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Just installed 2.0 rc2. How do I import sql from 1.1.11

Started by Jazhawk, May 21, 2010, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazhawk

I'm changing to a new domain and I just installed SMF 2.0 rc3.  Now I need to move member data from 1.1.11 to my SMF 2.0 install.  I can't seem to get a straight forward answer from my queries so I need to ask.

-Jazhawk

kat

You have to upgrade v1.1.11 to v2, first.

You can't import a v1.1.11 database into a v2.x installation.

You may be able to just pull the members, but I'm not so sure about the actual posts.

Jazhawk

Thank you all.  I haven't done much more than install a theme on SMF 2.0 so its good I ask now before adding a new layer of headache.

I'll try the upgrade path first.

-Jazhawk

Allusion

What Kat and live627 are saying is that you should install the latest SMF 1.1.x (version 1.1.11 at this time), import the SQL file, fix the core settings (paths, URLs etc.) using repair_settings.php, and then follow the upgrade procedure to 2.0 RC3.

It's important that the 1.1.11 forum is working correctly before you upgrade. Of course, you need to remove/delete SMF 2.0 before installing 1.1.11.

live627

...and, in this case, SMF 1.1.11 is already installed

Allusion

Quote from: live627 on May 21, 2010, 03:37:43 PM
...and, in this case, SMF 1.1.11 is already installed

Doesn't seem like it.

Quote from: Jazhawk on May 21, 2010, 03:03:52 PM
I'm changing to a new domain and I just installed SMF 2.0 rc3.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Allusion on May 21, 2010, 03:27:23 PM
What Kat and live627 are saying is that you should install the latest SMF 1.1.x (version 1.1.11 at this time), import the SQL file, fix the core settings (paths, URLs etc.) using repair_settings.php, and then follow the upgrade procedure to 2.0 RC3.

It's important that the 1.1.11 forum is working correctly before you upgrade. Of course, you need to remove/delete SMF 2.0 before installing 1.1.11.

Props Allusion.  I've deleted 2.0 rc3 and its database. Just finished a fresh install of SMF 1.1.11.  I'm about to download the sql file for import.  I'll keep this thread open till I'm done.

-Jazhawk

Jazhawk

Hmmm, it didn't like any of that.  I went into phpMyAdmin and exported just fine.  But when I tried to import, I got a bunch of gibberish I didn't understand with some hash info I won't post here...

QuoteSQL query:     
--  -- Dumping data for table `smf_attachments`  --    INSERT INTO `smf_attachments` (`ID_ATTACH`, `ID_THUMB`, `ID_MSG`,   `ID_MEMBER`, `attachmentType`, `filename`, `size`, `downloads`, `width`,   `height`, `file_hash`) VALUES  (1, 0, 0, 6, 0, 'avatar_6.png', 10549, 1487, 85, 64, ''),

and this message at the bottom.

Quote#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' 

I can see this won't be as smooth as I hoped.

What happened here?

-Jazhawk

Allusion

How many entries are there for attachments? Count the lines between:

INSERT INTO `smf_attachments` (`ID_ATTACH`, `ID_THUMB`, `ID_MSG`,   `ID_MEMBER`, `attachmentType`, `filename`, `size`, `downloads`, `width`,   `height`, `file_hash`) VALUES

and the next "-- Table structure for table" line.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Allusion on May 21, 2010, 05:05:27 PM
How many entries are there for attachments? Count the lines between:

INSERT INTO `smf_attachments` (`ID_ATTACH`, `ID_THUMB`, `ID_MSG`,   `ID_MEMBER`, `attachmentType`, `filename`, `size`, `downloads`, `width`,   `height`, `file_hash`) VALUES

and the next "-- Table structure for table" line.

The question is simple enough but I can't say I know how to interpret it.  How many entries for attachments?  Is that information in the error?  I can booger up the hash and post the error if that helps.

-Jazhawk

Allusion

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

The SQL file you exported is a text file. If it's not too big, you can open it in a text editor (preferrably not Notepad...) and see what I mean.

The hash is used for security purposes, so it's best not to post it.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Allusion on May 21, 2010, 05:42:14 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

The SQL file you exported is a text file. If it's not too big, you can open it in a text editor (preferrably not Notepad...) and see what I mean.

The hash is used for security purposes, so it's best not to post it.

Ok, one minute.

-Jazhawk

Allusion

It's not necessary to know the exact number, just some general idea.

Even if the forum has a lot of attachments, it's quite possible that you only need to make one or few corrections.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Allusion on May 21, 2010, 06:24:00 PM
It's not necessary to know the exact number, just some general idea.

Even if the forum has a lot of attachments, it's quite possible that you only need to make one or few corrections.

Looks like 10.

-Jazhawk

Allusion

Can you post them here, without the file_hash part?

If you still have access to your original forum, maintenance might fix the issue. Go to SMF Admin > Maintenance and click on these:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.
Empty out unimportant logs.

Then export the forum database from phpMyAdmin and try importing the new SQL into the new forum database at the new domain.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Allusion on May 21, 2010, 07:54:22 PM
Can you post them here, without the file_hash part?

If you still have access to your original forum, maintenance might fix the issue. Go to SMF Admin > Maintenance and click on these:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.
Empty out unimportant logs.

Then export the forum database from phpMyAdmin and try importing the new SQL into the new forum database at the new domain.

One minute.

-Jazhawk

Jazhawk

Well that didn't work out either.  I'll see what I can clear out in terms of add ons and try again.  This last upload attempt errored on some blog add on I don't even use but I cannot find it in the admin section.  Weird, Wild Stuff.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: