Forgotten password. Owner.

Started by Orgasmic, May 22, 2010, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orgasmic

Alright, so I am the owner of a forum. It says my password is incorrect, I tryed every password I could think of. There is no way it was any of them anyways, since the fact I didn't change it. I did the whole password reminder thing and when I check my mail the message is blank, but so is all my spam messages. I click this is not spam and the message just goes away and isn't in my inbox. I don't know what to do.

ARG01

I did this once before. What I did was go through the install process again (mysite.com/install.php) and when it got to the part to add a site username and password I just put in my new password.
It reinstalled SMF with the new password and also kept all previous posts and site content.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

androidhelpersdotcom

This is why I have 3 admin accounts =D
Using 2.0 RC3, Glassy Curve Theme

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: androidhelpersdotcom on May 24, 2010, 10:57:16 PM
This is why I have 3 admin accounts =D
You really shouldn't. It's easy to create a new admin account if you have access to the database, so you shouldn't need "backup accounts",
and any unused admin account lying around just creates an unnecessary risk to your forum...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: