News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Guest Permissions

Started by Gmaster83, May 23, 2010, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmaster83

Hi, how I have to do so guests can post only in a specific forum of my site?. I can not find how to configure it...
SMF 2.0 Rc3

Greetings!.

CommanderMadi

Go to Administration Center and Under "Members" Choose Permissions, then Choose the guests group, and modify the permissions according to your needs

Edit:

The information above is for editing the global permissions,

considering your topic, You shall go to Forum>Boards>Choose the Board you want guests to post in

and when you are there, Look at Allowed Groups: and Tick the "Guests" Box.

That will give the access for guests to that board, but to specify guests to just post within a board without the others. I think that feature is not available

Not sure though
Relationships counselling and advice blog
http://www.adorology.com

Gmaster83

Exactly.

Can be set permissions for each group overall.
Can be configure read access for each group for each forum.

Unable to set write access for each group for each forum.

Is there a MOD to configure what I want?.  ???

adbrad

this can be done go to
admin>members>permissions>edit profiles create a new profile called (guests) or what ever you like and copy permissions from default.
go to your newly created profile and add permissin for guest posting and save.
then go to admin>forum>boards>modify boards and edit the boards you want guests to post. and under Permission Profile: choose the profile you just created.
no need for mods

Matthew K.

adbrad's solution should work for you. Have you resolved the issue?

Gmaster83

that complicated  :o !!!!!!!!!!!, would be much easier to use a table of permissions ...  ???

Solved, thanks!  ;D

adbrad

No problem glad i could help out. Its not that complicated it is using board permissions instead of member permissions

Advertisement: