News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 posts TO SMF 2.0 RC3 help

Started by L.G.S, May 27, 2010, 05:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.G.S

Hi all,

I've been a long time user of SMF, but I haven't used it for a year or so.

I basically need to move posts, users and boards from an OLDDDDDD and messed up SMF 2.0 beta 3.1 and put then into a brand new installation of 2.0 RC3.

I don't want the whole database - because it is a mess. I just want the posts, users and boards.

Can it be done?

Thanks,
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

flapjack

of course, perform a clean installation, make a list of what tables are being created and then using phpMyAdmin or similar tool export those tables from your old installation, and import them into the new one

if you encounter any problem, let us know, so we can give you more specific instructions

L.G.S

Ok it looks like a huge mess...

Before trying to copy the posts over I tried to do an upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC3 so that I could just copy the posts over in PHPMYADMIN.

But the upgrade will not complete and just constantly gives errors saying incorrect table name etc. I've tried to cut out most of the upgrade changes that don't matter to me from the sql file, but it just doesn't want to do it.

So now my old forum is kinda stuck in limbo now, because its not accessible either on beta 3 or rc3 installations.

How could I sort this out?

If you need links/logins etc I can provide them

edit:

this is where to upgrade gets to:

Updating and creating indexes... Successful.
Reorganizing configuration settings... Successful.
Installing new default theme... Successful.
Adding and updating member data... Successful.
Adding custom message icons... Successful.
Adding package servers... Successful.
Cleaning up database... Successful.
Converting avatar permissions... Successful.
Adjusting uploadable avatars... Successful.
Updating thumbnails... Successful.
Updating ban system... Successful.
Updating permissions... Successful.
Updating search cache... Successful.
Upgrading log system... Successful.
Making SMF MySQL strict compatible...Unable to find column additionalGroups inside table smf2_members
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Are you using only a few tables from your Beta and then upgrading them?

Try using the whole database, upgrade it and then remove the unwanted data from there. That might end up smoothly.

Advertisement: