[4366][SMF 2.0 RC3] Sources/RepairBoards.php - set step_size to 100

Started by Vekseid, May 28, 2010, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

This is actually pretty thoroughly busted on large forums. It takes forever, and sometimes, due to the size of the queries, seems to introduce more problems than it resolves.

Setting the step_size parameters (and possibly maximum number of queries) to 100 seems to resolve this issue rather handily.
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Vekseid

I got poked back to this.

Honestly, I've given up on using it entirely. I wrote a script that repairs individual threads or boards, etc. and just use that.
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Advertisement: