News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

File Manager

Started by Cccddd, April 22, 2005, 07:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cccddd

Link to Mod

This mod is for testing purposes ONLY. Do not expect this mod to work. It will most likely not. If you are brave, and have a NON-active board, then please by all means attempt to use this mod.

Minimum requirements for using this mod:
At least a basic knowledge of PHP
A moderate knowledge of SMF administration
A good knowledge of how to use the Package Management interface

If you can handle all this, please try this mod. I could always use the help and info.

Miraenda

Quote from: Cheschire on April 22, 2005, 07:34:28 PM
its in alpha still. if you cant figure out where its at on your own, you might not want to install it yet.

its on my package server

lol too funny

Miraenda

I still haven't gotten the file manager to work with it, but now I have the Music Database on my forum (still have to add a bunch of albums, artists, etc.).  Rather than have any button and deal with adding it to all the themes I have on the forum, I came up with another solution.  I have a link to it in my News that appears on the homepage for all the themes I have.  You can see it here - http://miraenda.com/

Pick any theme in the theme picker at the top and see how it looks in whatever theme you prefer when you click the link in the News area ;)

Yes, I try to find the laziest way to get stuff to work :P

Cccddd

mind you all that the file manager still has not been TOUCHED since the music db was in like beta 3. whether it works or not is ENTIRELY unknown to me at the moment.

since it seems nobody has any issues currently with 3.0.1, I believe I can start working on the file manager finally.

thank you all for your help in getting this mod to where it is. I have many feature ideas for the next major release, but I need to get the file manager up to a stable version before i focus anymore on this mod.

Miraenda

That will be great Cheschire. I will love to be able to get File Manager working with the Music database (or for anything else it can incorporate into since file uploads will be great regardless). :D

Cccddd

yeah im focusing on getting the aspects needed for the music mod done, and then i have some special requests that i will do, but afterwards i will be replacing everything that involves uploading, from avatars to attachments. but thats down the road. far.

Cccddd

Oh and one more thing, don't try to get the file manager to work anymore. It's so freaking crazily uber new that the way it stores files will probably change two more times before im done laying the groundwork. i mean for testing purposes, once, maybe twice, great! go for it! but for a live site, do not

do not

DO NOT USE IT!

JayBachatero

im havin a problem with the file manager n musc db.  i dont know if its just me but when i have them both enabled for some reason it shows the play icon for almost everysong w/o me putting a song file.  take a look http://kevmundial.com/test_smf/index.php?action=music
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Cccddd

hey thats kinda cool lol. but again, please wait to ask me about the file manager till i release another version.

thanks man.

muzikashqip2005

Cccddd

Filemanager 1.0 Alpha 3 is now available on my package server. There are a TON of changes in this version. The changelog just summarizes basically. Also, my main reason for removing all the permission stuff for now, is I am going to have to write my own permission settings from teh ground up, and currently it was more important to get this version out and tested by you brave people before I worry about permissions.

THIS IS HIGHLY OMG UNSECURE. Strange random homeless people will be able to upload whatever they want to your website using this tool if you don't hide it properly. If you need help hiding it, ask someone else. I won't help you yet. When this tool gets out of alpha, then I will help people with problems.

Anyways, please test this thing. Just don't use it on a live site. I'm begging you. Or at least remove the button off your theme and just use it with the music database.

Oh, and the large website-destroying gnome that comes with the filemanager now has a large sunflower dress on, which just pisses it off more.

1.0a3
* new theme
* placeholder files_header.gif file
* revamped admin tools display
* admining files and folders uses same boxes now
* removed all permission-related settings
* revamped file storage
* thumbnail display changed
* removed filemanager.js
* moved thumbnails to files instead of storing in SQL
* added [fmimg=#] BBC tag for posting images in threads
* fixed some problems with musicdb interaction
* revamped SQL database layout

Cccddd

small change made to the filemanager package too. if you happened to have installed it yesterday, uninstall and redownload/install promptly. otherwise you will be working with a broken ModSettings.php

sdl

lol WHERE IS THE BLASTED FILE MANAGER! I'm running around in circles, doing searches, clicking on link after link, and can't find it!

(I read the fine print, BTW, just don't know where the "package server" is)

sdl

Scratch that. I found it. It was fun finding it. Make other people have fun finding it, too!

You're hilarious!

Miraenda

lol :)

Now we need a File Manager icon for the Aqua theme sdl :P

Cccddd

The file manager got bumped to alpha 5 today.

It's SOOO much more powerful than it was in alpha 3. Alpha 4 got released quietly this weekend as it still needed a LOT of testing. After all the kinks got worked out, I went on to a5. I'm sure it's still got issues, but they are much smaller.

There's a working version over at http://warpstorm.com/community (a website I have provided tech support for, for about 5 years, thus giving me the ability to use them as guinea pigs sometimes), but I think you have to register in order to see it.

[edit]
FOR GOD'S SAKE, UNINSTALL AND REMOVE ALL POSSIBLE REFERENCES TO ANYTHING ON YOUR SITE REGARDING THIS THING BEFORE INSTALLING.

[edit 2]
The large gnome was given some cake earlier, calming him a little bit and making him far less likely to destroy your website upon installation. If you don't have cake tho, then he's still unpredictable.

Cccddd

oh and one more note, the filemanager now includes a new bbc tag for use on your message board. the syntax is not really printed anywhere, so i will tell you now:

[fmimg=## thumbnail=on/off]

alright, first of all, the base tag is [fmimg=1] and is found next to every jpg uploaded. you just use it in a post and it puts the image there. the number is the file id.

second, thumbnail DEFAULT settings are set in the Features/options page of your admin interface. That determines what the default action is. If you want to post something that contradicts the default settings, use the thumbnail option.

i.e. My members like to post a lot of large images on my board, including art, desktops, wallpaper, etc. Thus the ideal option would be to enable thumbnails by default. This will post a thumbnail on your post that links to the larger picture. However once I would like to post a relatively small image, maybe only 300*300px. For this, I don't really need it to be a thumbnail, so I post [fmimg=1 thumbnail=off] and only that img would be full size.

CokeCan

I got this error when I tryed to install the Filemanager:
Quote2: copy(/www/docs/forum/Packages/temp/FilemanagerAdmin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /www/docs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 814

Cccddd

ah ****** beans. i forgot to change one thing. I moved everything from FilemanagerAdmin.php back into Filemanager.php and forgot to remove the line from teh package-info.php file.

it installed great on SMF 1.1 beta 2 though, so i'm assuming you are using smf 1.0.3?

[update]
aight i fixed it. go uninstall and reinstall.

CokeCan

I am using SMF 1.0.3, I keep on getting this error :-\
Where I should download it? I am doing it from your server

Advertisement: