News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to make background in RC3 transparent? (photo enclosed)

Started by Plutuss, May 31, 2010, 03:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutuss

How to make the top white part transparent? I want the background wallpaper to show through. I imagine it's some kind of block, but wanted to know if anyone knew offhand:

flapjack

you could edit your /images/theme/main_block.png and fill that area with transparent color, using software such as Gimp or Paint.net
if you attach this file here, I could do it for you

Plutuss

I had already done that, but it shows white underneath. Is there a layer under main block that can be made transparent to the background?

PurpleCrow

Just change the CSS code thingie for the background from #fffff (is that white or black? can never remember which way round they are!) to "transparent". Should work although I have had problems with CSS and using transparent before.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Antechinus

Don't use "transparent". Just use "none". That works. ;)
And #ffffff is white. Black is #000000.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: Antechinus on June 13, 2010, 09:02:21 PM
Don't use "transparent". Just use "none". That works. ;)
And #ffffff is white. Black is #000000.

Ooo, didnt know you could use "none", will try that the next time I need something to be transparent, thanks  ;)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Advertisement: