News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How can I delegate permissions to change mod settings?

Started by ewann, May 31, 2010, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewann

I have a 2.0RC3 board with Simple Portal. My question is how do I delegate the right to access the ModifyModSettings functions and admin area to a specific group without having to give that group the right to admin the forums. The group I need to grant this right to are moderators of all boards and have the right to admin membergroups.

I'm a long-time admin of SMF but have never tried to write a mod myself.  I've written a mod which contains mod settings under Admin -> Configuration -> Modification Settings -> my mod. This is all working fine for an admin, but I need to delegate this to the other semi-admin group.

I've added a new permission which will be used for a) showing a menu item and b) allowing them access to the mod settings.  The permission works as I can test showing the menu-item - but clicking on it (which goes to ?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=mymod) just brings up the welcome-screen to the admin center due to them not having admin_forums rights.

Is it possible to do what I want without making them full admins (REALLY don't want to do that)? Or is there a way I put this in an area where the group can access it easilly while still utilising the modsettings functions?

I hope I've given enough info (and that it actually makes sense), I have tried to search but am not quite sure of the correct terms to search for and haven't found anything yet.

Kill Em All

Some mods will actually have them built in with them, but most mods don't... so short answer is no, you can't do that.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: