News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

little square box instead of image

Started by bidzinski, June 01, 2010, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bidzinski

A little square box appears for members when they click an image thumbnail on the site and also there is the same little boxes in the profile and arcade sections ect, how do I get them to show the real image or icon?

bidzinski

I just installed rss feed icon and I all of a sudden had the little square icon boxes next to my boards I am confused I also installed something else which I thought would help it didnt I will have to install them but I am still left with the first problem regardless what can I do 

JBlaze

Move any images associated with your mod to the /images directory of your custom theme.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

admirable

Check that mod you installed is compatible with your current version of SMF or not ?
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

bidzinski

I will do these and see what happens and post back soon thanks guys appreciate the help.

bidzinski

This is what I want fixing I am still confused how to take a look at my screenshot, its a word doc dont have photobucket yet, I would like to change the car in the top right and I want rid of them little boxes, and the images with cars in to the left of the boards what do I look at changing?

bidzinski

The above img shows what I need solving I am clueless biggest newbie so be kind  :P

bidzinski

Ryanteck

where that box is right click it and possibly click copy url or open url in new window / tab
then paste that url here

(sorry i cant get on and do this as im 13 years old )

bidzinski

agh yes I get ya wow your 13? thats incredible that you know so much about this stuff already how did you learn?

http://sex-n-lust.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?action=.xml;board=16;type=rss

Ryanteck

ok sorry i got the wrong link is there image url there?

bidzinski

http://sex-n-lust.com/simplemachinesforum/Themes/blackracer/images/rss.png

I think this takes you to the landing page which I didn't finish could this be conflicting somehow?

Ryanteck

thats good

do you have the image under your smf install

this might be the location
simplemachinesforum/Themes/blackracer/images/rss.png

bidzinski

Ryanteck

Login To Your File Manager / Ftp Client And Navigate To That Directory

bidzinski

bidzinski

simplemachinesforum/Themes/blackracer/images/

I can find that ^ but not with the last part (rss.png) is that the problem? 

bidzinski

the broken icon problems how do I fix them?

bidzinski

Ryanteck

yes that is the problem
find an rss logo and put it in all your themes images dirs

bidzinski

Quote from: Ryanteck on June 03, 2010, 04:17:17 AM
yes that is the problem
find an rss logo and put it in all your themes images dirs
Yeah I think you nailed that problem bro but I got another issue with broken icons in my avatar ect there is still some broken icons and when somebody posts and you goto the thread there is a broken icon alongside the thread until you read the post then it goes, any ideas for this, could it be same type of issue were I will have to get an icon and place it in a directory ?

Ryanteck

yeh its the same error there as with this

thanks ryan

bidzinski

Were do I look to modify the blackracer theme? I want to remove the car and put something else, will I have to make the image and upload it via a url?

Ryanteck

yes any images must be updated where your themes images are

Advertisement: