News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Board Image Issue

Started by Karmyn, June 03, 2010, 01:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmyn

I have a custom layout on my board and for the life of me I can't figure out how to modify some of the icons, such as "Mark as Read", "Reply", etc. I DID get the folders and on/off buttons to work, but nothing within the boards. Unfortunately, I don't know PHP very well so I'm not sure how to fix this issue.

For example, for the Mark as Read button on the main board, this is the PHP for it:

// Mark read button.
    $mark_read_button = array('markread' => array('text' => 452, 'image' => 'MY URL', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=markasread;sa=all;sesc=' . $context['session_id']));

where (MY URL) is the link to the image is the picture i WANT in there, but it shows as a broken code. How is this incorrect?

Kays

Hi, sorry for the slow response.

The images should be in the images/buttons folder for the theme you are using.

Where did you get that code you posted? To me that looks like it's from a 1.x theme.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Karmyn

it's a custom theme that I've also edited a little bit. It may be from a 1.x theme but the rest of the website is working beautifully.

I did find out that I shouldn't have put a url with the image there, and instead I should just change the pictures in the images folder of my theme. For now, i'm going through the files and changing it back, so the previous thing I pasted looked like this:

// Mark read button.
    $mark_read_button = array('markread' => array('text' => 452, 'image' => 'markread.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=markasread;sa=all;sesc=' . $context['session_id']));

BUT what I HAVEN'T found out yet is how to go about changing the files in the images folder. In another board someone said to use a cpanel or FTP but I need to be walked through how to do either of these, as I'm new to this whole thing.

ARG01

FTP is simply a file transfer program that can transfer files from your computer to your server and your server to your computer. cPanel does the same thing using the the built in file manager. If you do not have cPanel with your web host then you more than likely still have a file manager within your hosting account.

http://filezilla-project.org/

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Kays

Just upload the images to that folder overwriting the existing ones. After you do so, go to the page where the images are shown and use Ctrl + F5 to refresh the page.

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Karmyn

Thank you both. One final question. I'm not actually the admin of this website. Someone else owns it and i'm designing it for them. I'm set as an admin to the site, but if I'm not the one who CREATED the website, can I still access FTP?

Thanks!

Kays

You'll probably need to contact the site owner for FTP access. It's something which is site related.

My Mods

Advertisement: