News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Custom Image Icons

Started by Karmyn, June 04, 2010, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmyn

How do you go about changing the images for the board icons such as "reply" "modify" "delete" etc etc to custom images?

Yahmez

Welcome to SMF!

Replace the files on your server with the new images.

Example:

• Right click on the image.
  • Note the file name and path.
  • Create your new image and save it with same name and format as the file you wish to replace.
  • Upload it to the same directory on your server as the current image resides overwriting it in the process.

Voilà! You are done!  :)

Karmyn

you mean add it to the images folder for the custom theme? i'm not sure how to edit those folders at all.

Yahmez

Do you have FTP access? Or do you have Cpanel access to upload files to your website? If not you will have to have someone with the proper permissions upload your new images as required. If you are not sure, contact your host and ask.

Karmyn

I am able to view the admin control panel, and I can see the images folder where all the files are located. I'm not sure what FTP is.

Yahmez

FTP is simply a way to upload new files to your server. You can use that or cpanel's file manager to upload your new images. You cannot upload through the admin panel unless you have a mod installed that enables that.

Karmyn

How do I access either FTP or the cpanel to upload the files? (Sorry i'm asking so many dumb questions! So new to this!)

greyknight17

If you don't know this information, you will need to contact your webhost. They will have this information for you. Usually your cPanel username/password is the credential you use to log into your account to install SMF in the first place ;)

Advertisement: