News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with post box using opera

Started by Joker™, June 05, 2010, 07:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

I'm using latest version of opera 10.53 with windows 7 and found problem in RC3
i've found bug with opera on my site as well as on "SMF site" itself.

Like in other browsers if we click on the text area where we write for post the cursor gets shifted and we can write then , but in opera when i click on post box nothing happened.

To make a post from opera one has to click on subject box first , type subject there and then using "TAB" key on keyboard u can come down to post box.

Also the gap after pressing "Enter" while typing to start a new line is very much.
It's more like a complete one line gap between previous and present line.

Please see the gap problem in the pic attached.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Arantor

Joker™

yes using WYSIWYG.when it is off problem is not there
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Arantor

Nao 尚

I have no bug with Opera. I use it on a daily hourly secondly basis.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Joker™

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 05:20:05 AM
I have no bug with Opera. I use it on a daily hourly secondly basis.

Which exact version are you using ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

10.54 Alpha.
It's been replaced with 10.60 Alpha since then, but I'm staying on 10.54. Working better for me.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Joker™

Mine is 10.53 and i m facing problem both here on SMF and on my forum when using it with WYSIWYG enabled
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

I think (I'm not sure) that I fixed the focus thing in a recent SVN, so it will be in RC4.
However, SM.org works fine for me. I don't have focus when I click on Wysiwyg (which I don't use), but I get it as soon as I click anywhere inside the message body (NOT outside the body itself -- click on an empty area of the message box won't work.)

Joker™

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 09:02:30 AM
I think (I'm not sure) that I fixed the focus thing in a recent SVN, so it will be in RC4.
However, SM.org works fine for me. I don't have focus when I click on Wysiwyg (which I don't use), but I get it as soon as I click anywhere inside the message body (NOT outside the body itself -- click on an empty area of the message box won't work.)

Most of users on my forum use WYSIWYG.also for me only way to focus on text area area is by using tab key to transfer cursor from subject field to postbox field.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

Try editing editor.js

// Set the focus for the editing window.
smc_Editor.prototype.setFocus = function(force_both)
{
if (!this.bRichTextEnabled)
this.oTextHandle.focus();
else
this.oFrameWindow.focus();
}

Replace that block with:

// Set the focus for the editing window.
smc_Editor.prototype.setFocus = function(force_both)
{
if (!this.bRichTextEnabled)
this.oTextHandle.focus();
else if (is_ff || is_opera)
this.oFrameHandle.focus();
else
this.oFrameWindow.focus();
}

This is what I committed a couple of weeks ago. Try it if you'd like.
I also fixed more Opera+post editor bugs but it was in other files such as script.js so you'll have to wait for RC4.

Joker™

implemented the above solution , cleared site and browser caches.

it worked partially fine .

After writing title when i bought my cursor down to postbox area ,

If the cursor is in area of 1-2 line then u can click and focus comes ,

But if u take cursor below that then you can't click .(i don't know how to describe it just want to say that if u take cursor below area of 2 lines then u cant click to get focus on window)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

I already told you that you can't click on the empty space in the message box. You have to click on the text itself. This is probably a limitation of Opera.

PS: real men use plain text, not Wysiwyg. :P

Joker™

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 10:36:01 AM
I already told you that you can't click on the empty space in the message box. You have to click on the text itself. This is probably a limitation of Opera.

you mean a buug in opera :o

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 10:36:01 AM
PS: real men use plain text, not Wysiwyg. :P

But as option is available people are going to use it :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

Quote from: sid2varun on June 11, 2010, 10:38:32 AM
you mean a buug in opera :o
No. A bug is something that is unwanted. This may be due to a combination of Opera working things out differently, and SMF2 being written with Firefox or something else in mind. If it's not tested on all browsers, then it may break on them. IE is full of bugs. Opera is just full of implementation differences. It's still standard.

QuoteBut as option is available people are going to use it :)
Well... IE users can do all they want.
Real men use Opera, and real men don't use Wysiwyg. My point exactly.

Nao 尚

BTW, the focus shows up automatically in Opera after you click twice on the Wysiwyg button. Only the first time it won't show up. Second is just fine.

Joker™

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 10:51:33 AM
Well... IE users can do all they want.
Real men use Opera, and real men don't use Wysiwyg. My point exactly.

Hahahaha , that's a real stress buster for me after such a hectic day , really :D .

I just reported the bug if found , now it's upto smf team to look after it ;) .

QuoteReally seen a lot of bugs being removed as regular follower of Bugtracker :) . Keep up the gud spirits.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Quote from: Nao on June 11, 2010, 10:52:37 AM
BTW, the focus shows up automatically in Opera after you click twice on the Wysiwyg button. Only the first time it won't show up. Second is just fine.

I'm keeping WYSIWYG on by default from the profile area , not activating it from by post itself.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nao 尚

Well, I personally reached my limits with that fix. (I didn't even come up with it... I was close to it, though :P)
I'm really NOT into wysiwyg crap. I'm all for it when it comes to fixing bugs related to non-wysiwyg mode. But Wysiwyg -- I don't even know how it's built in the first place. (HTML inserted through an iframe, maybe? Don't remember...)

Joker™

hmmmm ok , it's upto u guys how to handle this now :).
Thanks for bearing me that far :D
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Norv

Thank you very much for the report.
I think it may be worth testing on the latest build/svn version, as I think there were a few wysiwyg fixes since RC3.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Illori

tested in opera 11.52 windows version and this still exists, when using WYSISYG editor in opera and "enter" key almost seems to double space where firefox does not.

Joker™

Quote from: Norv on July 17, 2010, 01:57:45 PM
Thank you very much for the report.
I think it may be worth testing on the latest build/svn version, as I think there were a few wysiwyg fixes since RC3.

Happens on

- fresh SMF 2.0.1
- WYSIWYG enabled
- Opera 11.52
- Windows 7 64 bit
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

emanuele

meh...another WYSIWYG problem...

* emanuele hates WYSIWYG!! :P

Maybe a bit of css somewhere can fix the issue...let's see. O:)

ETA:
dirty, very dirty:

Removed the first option.

Still a bit dirty, but less than before and it works on the first line too:
Code (find) Select
// Apply the class...
this.oFrameDocument.body.className = 'rich_editor';

Code (add after) Select

if (is_opera)
{
var style = document.createElement('style');
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = '.rich_editor p { margin: 0; }';
this.oFrameDocument.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(style);
}

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

kat

Advertisement: