Session Verification Failed

Started by tanshin, June 05, 2010, 10:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanshin

http://forum.nintendoaddict.com

Okay, so I tried the suggestions laid out in: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257658.0 and so far nothing has resolved this message.

It seems to happen mainly when editing posts and it just started recently (today). I'm really at a loss for what to do on this so any help is appreciated.

I'm on SMF 2.0 RC2. This is probably related to the other day when I tried to upgrade to RC3 but that failed and I had to revert.

tanshin

I'm bumping this now not at 24 hours because I'll probably be asleep by then, and this is fairly urgent because it will not go away and is interfering with a very used portion of the site (editing).

tanshin

Again an early bump since I won't be home at 24 hours and when I get home I'll be going right to bed.

Anyways, it seems to be connected with certain posting operations in general. Quoting does not work right now at all as well as editing.

Some topics suggesting checking versions of the template files, which I may do.

xenovanis

How exactly did your upgrade fail and how did you revert? Can you access your errorlog and see if any relevant errors are posted? Can you confirm your files are up to date?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tanshin

I ran the RC3 update package from RC2, from what I heard I should have run the upgrade package. After the update my skin was completely destroyed and things just weren't working right. I attributed it to me being tired since I tried the upgrade late at night and restored the files from a few hours earlier, than ran the sql file commands to restore the database.

I'm planning to check the default template and language files when I get a chance because they are being listed as RC3 files on the "check versions" command even though they should be RC2 files. It's possible they never uploaded among the mass of files that I was uploading.

Of the files I should check, are there any specific ones that I should be checking?

xenovanis

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what files exactly. I believe the actions you mentioned are determined in Post.template.php, so that could be a start. Are your sourcefiles the right version?

Please note that if you have any mods installed, uploading fresh files could break them.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tanshin

The source files are all RC2 versions, which is why I think there may be some conflict going on now that I've checked there.

After restoring the forum I had to reinstall the mods as well to get the proper function... which now that I think about it...

The problem must be those files. I remember that the mods had to write fresh content to each of the template files, which means that it wasn't there, which means that the files must not be the same ones from before!

xenovanis

All right, not sure I understand your last posting correctly. You do have mods installed and you think they're causing the problem? If so, upload the files from the upgradepackage for RC2 again. Doing so, your mods will be automaticly uninstalled.

Hopes this makes any sence :)

tanshin

No, I was more of typing out my through process :P

When I was reinstalling the mods after reverting, I noticed that there were errors uninstalling, but no errors installing (like a fresh install). At the time I didn't think much of it, but now that I look at it, that probably means that whatever was written before was gone, as if the template files were new.

So, fresh writing to the template files, template files showing as RC3, that may be the problem since they probably don't have the information that was there from RC2 since they aren't the same files. So technically, restoring the old files would bring back what was written before and would probably correct this.

Of course, another reason that I think this is I ran across somewhere that said that some session data is stored in the template files, so if these aren't the correct files, then it's not the correct session data.

I'll probably restore them tomorrow and see what happens.

xenovanis

Glad I could help you start thinking  :D

Good luck, hope it works out.

tanshin

Oh yeah, sometimes you need that spark to make things all fall into place, so thanks for being my spark ;)

tanshin

Alright, looking good so far! Hopefully this works out and I'll look further into the process that is involved in updating before jumping into it around 8 PM at night :P

So thanks for being my spark!

xenovanis

Advertisement: