News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How 'stable' is 2.0?

Started by Cory94bailly, June 05, 2010, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory94bailly

I just have a simple question, how stable is smf 2.0?

I have a small site (900 members) and I was planning on upgrading to SMF 2.0 for when we get 1,000 members.

I have tried it out in the past and I don't quite remember but I know it was not a good first impression.

But I personally LOVE smf! :)

Also, is there a 'database' or estimated number of current bugs in 2.0?

Road Rash Jr.

I've been using SMF 2.0 RC3 since its release and have not had any issues with it.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Norv

Hey there!
Here is the bug tracker: http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/my_view_page.php (see the projects in the right corner, you can choose there the project - the SMF version - and see the issues with it).

I cannot tell you what to do, but anyway if you search for similar questions around these forums you will see other points of view and can make your decision.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

xenovanis

I have about 850 members and upgraded a month ago. Even though I've now installed more modifications than I ever did (it has become so easy now  ;D) I haven't experienced any problems so far. IMO it's rather stable.

Why not use xampp and try the upgrade on a site backup on your local machine before you upgrade your online forum?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Masterd

It's very stable for one RC.

Advertisement: