News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

modification of Subs.php leads to attachment display failure

Started by Neverhurry, June 06, 2010, 05:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverhurry

Hi, I have this strange problem, and it tortured for several months, I always put it aside. But now I need very much to make some modification to the Subs.php file, then, whatever modification I made to this file
(for example this time i change the

'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => $scripturl,

to

'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => 'http://www.summerfool.com/index.php?board=180.0',
),

or, I changed the line followed "'show' => true," to "'show' => false,", in short, any change,

OR, I DOWNLOAD SUBS.PHP AND SAVE IT AGAIN, THEN REPLACE THE ORIGINAL SUBS.PHP IN THE FTP FOLDER, THAT IS, i DID NO CHANGE AT ALL! -

then a part of attachment images will not show. Their links are still their, I can even download them, but when I opened them in any image edit software they are just empty, I checked the size of these downloaded attachments, their sizes are all 0!

I did the "Find and repair any errors"  and  "Attachment Integrity Check" in ACP, but no luck.

I hope you understand what I mean and can give me some help. I attach the before and now pic for reference. Thx a lot in advance.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

gamesmad

1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Neverhurry

Neverhurry

Quote from: gamesmad on June 06, 2010, 07:22:46 PM
What software are you using to edit the file?

Gamesmad, you must be a genius, so sensitve and right hit the point. I changed the edit software and the problem is gone. Thank you a million!!!  :D

gamesmad

1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Advertisement: