News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Activity In Profile [Updated]

Started by live627, June 09, 2010, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskuineko

Ok, I try to speak English :-X

There is a vBulletin mod that is more complete but not as it is called, in this forum are using it www.neoteo.com/foro/f2/reglas-generales-pautas-de-convivencia-22/

I would like you to include more features such as point bars, bar level, besides the activity bar; also include achievements, it's the little picture above the avatar, which are obtained with many friends, create groups, registered time, experience points, etc...

You can use translator google spanish-english ::)

You understand? :)

ascaland

When I designed the mod, I intended it to just emulate vBulletin's profile feature which displays what the user is doing through their profile rather than digging in the Who's Online. I think what you have mentioned is out of scope of this modification, and would be a better idea implemented seperately.

hcfwesker

To be honest I agree.  I prefer the MOD just how it is, and wouldn't want all that clutter in members mini-profiles.  A separate MOd would be more ideal, just got to find someone willing to do it.

MephyShadows

I am using this on my forum which is 2.04 and nothing is showing. I dont have ultimate profile on it and I followed everything the parsing instructions told me to. Did I miss something?

ascaland

Quote from: MephyShadows on April 05, 2013, 11:08:59 PM
I am using this on my forum which is 2.04 and nothing is showing. I dont have ultimate profile on it and I followed everything the parsing instructions told me to. Did I miss something?

Using a theme other than default?

electricwildflower

Works like a charm on 2.0.4 with the ultimate profile mod on my customised theme. and all i had to do was install simple and easy

Thank you :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hei live thanks for the mod I have installed this one on 3/5/2014 (EU date timestamp, dd/mm/yy) and it was already version 1.1 but from what I can see it has been updated on June 18, 2014, 09:18:36 pm, should I uninstall and update even if it shows that is 1.1 version anyhow? Did you change something?
Thanks in advance as always :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

live627

The "update" was only a version bump.. No code was changed.

DrBlack

i just want it ( anyone can see anyone current activity )
but no one at all can see the owner currently
if anyone look at owner currently it will appear like this

i just want this

thank you

live627

So you want it so that people cannot see their own activity but CAN see others'? That's counter-intuitive...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hmm from what I can understand with "the owner" he probably meant that users should never be able to see what the admin is doing. The question would make much more sense too ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

live627

ah, owner = admin

/Themes/default/Profile.template.php

Find

<dd>', $context['member']['action'], '</dd>

Replace with

<dd>', $context['member']['group_id'] == 1 ?  $txt['who_hidden'] : $context['member']['action'], '</dd>

James Gryphon

This might be a bit of a gravedig, since nobody's posted about this mod in so long, but I hoped this information might be helpful to some people.
Quote from: hcfwesker on December 04, 2011, 10:11:09 PM
Just pointing out something I noticed.  When a member is viewing another member's profile, but I go look at their profile page, it will say their last activity was viewing "my profile" page.  i think something's going on where instead of adding the actual member's name of the profile page they're viewing, it displays the name of the member that is on their profile page ( NOT the actual profile page they're viewing)
I stumbled across this bug, which triggers whenever the member visits their profile by clicking on the "Profile" link in the menu (instead of clicking on their name, which has the member ID affixed to the end of it). I tried implementing the patch to Who.php described in this thread, and that seems to fix it.

James Gryphon

As of October 26th, with 2.0.12 installed, the bug mentioned before is a thing again. No idea why. :-\ It's driving me pretty well crazy, though.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 26, 2016, 06:01:08 PM
As of October 26th, with 2.0.12 installed, the bug mentioned before is a thing again. No idea why. :-\ It's driving me pretty well crazy, though.
Because there is a delay in SMF itself, same on the who's online list, not to kill the server <_<
Why would you want it to be extremely real time anyway?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

James Gryphon

Eh? I'm not talking about it being real time, I'm talking about it confusing somebody else viewing their profile with viewing mine.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ahn sorry, misreaded the post, I see what you mean (although I can't remember this happening). Well no need to bump it further, if live can be bothered to fix it he will, otherwise no.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: