Turn Off Moderation Center

Started by aharmon, June 10, 2010, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aharmon

I am implementing SMF and would like to turn off the ability for my moderators and global moderators to see the Moderation Center.   How can I accomplish this with 2.0?  I tried changing the moderator and global moderator permissions to Deny access to the Moderation Center, but the Moderate tab is still there when the moderators log in.  What am I doing wrong?

Kill Em All

Do you want the moderator center tab to appear at all?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

aharmon

No, I don't want the moderation tab to appear at it all.  Not in the Help Screens or where the Moderator can see it.. Basically, our moderators will only be using basic moderation tasks (moving, merging, splitting, etc.).. They wont be watching members or anything like that. 

cicka

Quote from: aharmon on June 25, 2010, 12:25:23 PM
No, I don't want the moderation tab to appear at it all.  Not in the Help Screens or where the Moderator can see it.. Basically, our moderators will only be using basic moderation tasks (moving, merging, splitting, etc.).. They wont be watching members or anything like that.

You can remove the Moderation tab from the navigation bar by removing this code at your subs.php file in Sources folder. This will remove it for everyone though, admins included.

'moderate' => array(
'title' => $txt['moderate'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate',
'show' => $context['allow_moderation_center'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
'modlog' => array(
'title' => $txt['modlog_view'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=modlog',
'show' => !empty($modSettings['modlog_enabled']),
),
'poststopics' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_unapproved_poststopics'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=posts',
'show' => $modSettings['postmod_active'],
),
'attachments' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_unapproved_attachments'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=attachmod;sa=attachments',
),
'reports' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_reported_posts'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=reports',
'show' => true,
'is_last' => true,
),
),
),

NanoSector

Quote from: cicka on June 25, 2010, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: aharmon on June 25, 2010, 12:25:23 PM

You can remove the Moderation tab from the navigation bar by removing this code at your subs.php file in Sources folder. This will remove it for everyone though, admins included.

'moderate' => array(
'title' => $txt['moderate'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate',
'show' => $context['allow_moderation_center'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
'modlog' => array(
'title' => $txt['modlog_view'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=modlog',
'show' => !empty($modSettings['modlog_enabled']),
),
'poststopics' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_unapproved_poststopics'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=posts',
),
'attachments' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_unapproved_attachments'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=attachmod;sa=attachments',
),
'reports' => array(
'title' => $txt['mc_reported_posts'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=reports',
'show' => true,
'is_last' => true,
),
),
),

So it is not recommended as you have to type index.php?action=moderate again each time.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

PurpleCrow

Why not just uncheck the "Access to Moderation Center" (or whatever the statement is) in the permissions? ???
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

NanoSector

Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 25, 2010, 01:00:41 PM
Why not just uncheck the "Access to Moderation Center" (or whatever the statement is) in the permissions? ???
...admin has all permissions.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

PurpleCrow

Quote from: aharmon on June 10, 2010, 07:03:02 PM
turn off the ability for my moderators and global moderators to see the Moderation Center

Not admins.  ::)

Are these moderators assigned to boards? If so have you changed the permissions for that membergroup as well as ones you have set up?

Double check that ALL membergroups who shouldnt have access to the Moderation Center dont have the option checked within the membergroup general permissions.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Advertisement: