News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Theme migration from 1.x

Started by I Agree, June 11, 2010, 04:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Agree

I've been very hesitant to even think about upgrading some forums from 1.x because I've done a lot of work with the theme to make it more functional. The theme I started with is the one that looks like the SMF forum here (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php)

I noticed that forum is using SMF2.x and the theme is very similar and that got me wondering if maybe the theme files could be kept after a 2.0 upgrade. BBS wise there is nothing provided by 2.x that seems necessary,  but if it's not too difficult to transition the themes thru a 1.x to 2.x upgrade I'd like to try, if only for continued support and cross CMS plugin potential.

In other words, what can I expect were I to try to go from 1.x to 2.x and keep the theme folder. And if I had to start over the theme from scratch, how similar are the 2.x theme files to the 1.x, because if they are much different a straight forward copy/paste job is probably more than I'm willing to commit to.

Thanks,

CapadY

Theme's from SMF1 AND SMF2RC3 are totaly different.
I'm affraid you'll have to start from scratch.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Antechinus

Pretty much. There are some similarities but there are a lot of differences. If you want some idea of what you're looking at I suggest finding a custom theme that has 1.1.x and 2.0 versions and comparing the files.

I Agree

Advertisement: