upgrading from 1.03 - 1.04

Started by annethedonn, June 12, 2005, 06:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annethedonn

Hi, I'm having trouble upgrading my forum.  I don't find the instructions very user friendly and I'm pretty computer literate.

I've gone through package manager but what do I do from there? 

Justyne

Hello annethedonn,

well if you have gone through the package manager installation you are pretty much done. It is nothing more than a few clicks.

You can check if your update went right under forum maintenance, and then check all files against current versions. If the version numbers displayed there are correct your update most likely went fine.

If your problems persist we would need a more detailed description what actually is a wrong and a link to your community.

- Justyne
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

annethedonn

Hi Justyne, thanks for the info.  i've just checked and it says:

SMF File Your version SMF 1.0 RC1 - Current version ??

Any ideas?

Justyne

well the best thing to do is to download an UPGRADE package from this site. (To be found under downloads).

Upload all fills to their respective folders, make sure your permissions are set to 777. Then run upgrade.php

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

annethedonn

Tried that already, got stuck, that's why I need help Justyne.  I've got no idea what you're talking about lol!!!  I installed this forum via my Lycos control centre. 

[Unknown]

Lycos really needs to update their version of SMF.  We're contacting them soon about it.

-[Unknown]

Hopcott

Hi

Thanks for a great system. I'm a lycos enterprise user and have just installed smf on a new community site

All is going well except for one user who registers and then whenever she clicks on anything after logging in, she is returned to guest

I noticed lycos is using php 4.3.9 and that you have a upgrade for users of this php

I've just successfully upgraded from 1.03 to 1.04 via the package manager but don't see any package manager solution for the upgrade for php 4 users.

thanks in advance for any help

Rob

Hopcott

Um

If I'd looked closer, i could have seen that it is only 4.4.0 php that requires the mod

So ignore my post please

I've now upgraded successfully to 1.05 and I'll check with the user to see if this helps them

R

[Unknown]

In either case, the latest versions already have the change ;).

What browser is that one user using?

Please start new topics for new requests, though.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: