News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HELP---> smiley's in shout box

Started by KiroBot, June 11, 2010, 10:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiroBot

Okay so i was able to get a new smiley that i uploaded from my file's to appear on my shout box but i cannot figure out again is it possible someone here knows?

CapadY

A Shoutbox is not a part of SMF, so I think yoy'll have to visit the support board for the MOD you are using.

By the way, there are several MOD's with an shoutbox and the most of us are unable to mindread what you are using.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Verifire

I'm guessing xbtit?

In which case you must c-panel or ftp your way into you public directory, hit include-folder, then edit the file that's named smilies.php so it includes your new smilie. The template shows you how that command line should look. Then you save that edited template.
Make sure you have made a backup of the template before you do this, so you're able to undo it if something goes wrong.

The command line for your new smiley should, in case xbtit is correct, look something like this:

':newsmilie:' =>'newsmilie.gif',

Hope this helps, but you should probably make yourself a member on the site from which your software originates [like xbtit], and ask there. [in fact it's already answered..], because smf is only integrated into the software you're using, and SMF forums have not got support for other than the SMF forums itself..  ;D

KiroBot

Quote from: capady on June 12, 2010, 04:38:39 AM
A Shoutbox is not a part of SMF, so I think yoy'll have to visit the support board for the MOD you are using.

By the way, there are several MOD's with an shoutbox and the most of us are unable to mindread what you are using.
I don't know wtf your talking about because i have a forum with "SMF" and i curently have a shoutbox feature on it.

CapadY

And I ensure you that´s not a default option of MSF.
It have to be a MOD or something like that.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: