News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Importing 2.0 RC3 Database into 2.0 RC3 Forum

Started by PurpleCrow, June 12, 2010, 04:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

Hi guys,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to import the database from one SMF 2.0 RC3 forum to another. I want to transfer over the posts, threads, members, avatars, PMs etc to the new site but every time I do an import via phpmyadmin and it says its successful nothing happens to the new forum! I dont even know if I'm importing the right thing :(

If someone can point me in the direction of a step by step guide or tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it  :)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

CapadY

Why not just importing the whole database ?

There are a real lot of connections between the tables, nobody will be able to describe them all. And missing one connection will gave problems.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

PurpleCrow

Stupid question - what does the whole database contain? Modifications, themes and everything?

How do I do that? Sorry for the stupid questions... I've done it before but I just cant seem to do it this time round :(
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

xenovanis

The database is actually imported in phpMyAdmin? I mean, you can see the tables?

Did you point your new forum to the imported database?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: