News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[PREVIEW] GamerzFrag

Started by m33rra, June 12, 2010, 01:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m33rra

DEMO: Click here for live demo

I was going for a dark grudge type of feel, but with a unique gaming twist.  What do you guys think?

Hassan_the best

Antechinus

I rather like that. You should extend your catbg images though. I use a 1680 monitor and the image is starting to repeat, which makes the right end of the bars look a bit bodgey. Monitors up to 1920 are getting quite common. Also the image itself is a bit patchy where you have blended the gfx to make the bars. I can still spot the borders between bits.

The square backgrounds for the off gifs don't quite match the windowbg.jpg either. Tricky to do those because of the gradient behind them. There are two ways you can do it. First is to make the gifs with the gradient placed correctly behind the icon before saving. The other way you can do it is to use a transparent background for the icons and matte the edges by using a colour that matches the mid point of the gradient. I've used both tricks in custom themes and either will work.

Oh yeah, and windowbg.jpg is a bit stripey. I'd see if you can get a smoother gradient on that. You could also style up the search box to make it look slicker if you like. :)

m33rra

Quote from: Antechinus on June 13, 2010, 12:13:36 AM
I rather like that. You should extend your catbg images though. I use a 1680 monitor and the image is starting to repeat, which makes the right end of the bars look a bit bodgey. Monitors up to 1920 are getting quite common. Also the image itself is a bit patchy where you have blended the gfx to make the bars. I can still spot the borders between bits.

The square backgrounds for the off gifs don't quite match the windowbg.jpg either. Tricky to do those because of the gradient behind them. There are two ways you can do it. First is to make the gifs with the gradient placed correctly behind the icon before saving. The other way you can do it is to use a transparent background for the icons and matte the edges by using a colour that matches the mid point of the gradient. I've used both tricks in custom themes and either will work.

Oh yeah, and windowbg.jpg is a bit stripey. I'd see if you can get a smoother gradient on that. You could also style up the search box to make it look slicker if you like. :)

Wow thanks for the useful tips man. I will be taking into consideration everything you said when I get back to my house and start editing again. 

Could you update me on the cat.bg and tell me if it is still repeating on your monitor?

Antechinus

Barely. You seem to have shifted the image to the right. My 2c is that it looked better before when you had the bright blue at the start of the bar. That looked cool IMO.
I can still see it starting to repeat now but it isn't as noticeable. It would be noticeable on a 1920 monitor though. This is why we made the main_block.png for Curve 2300px wide. It will handle just about any available monitor without running out of width. :)

Anyway, I can't see any patchy bits in the bars anymore so the gfx blending is sorted.

DoctorMalboro

Modified theme by GamerzFrag original theme by DzinerStudio  and selected graphics from vBSkinworks

Why does your theme say that? You have permission from the DZinner Studio's author to redistribute the theme?

flapjack

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on June 13, 2010, 10:40:43 PM
Modified theme by GamerzFrag original theme by DzinerStudio  and selected graphics from vBSkinworks

Why does your theme say that? You have permission from the DZinner Studio's author to redistribute the theme?
and who's saying he is distributing it?

m33rra

I am not giving out this theme, however I am making a theme right now that I will be releasing to Dzinerstudio. If they say I can post it here I will.

Antechinus

Yeah Bik and Mayday don't mind people editing the hell out of their themes. They just like you to ask before putting it up for download. They'll usually say yes if it's any good, unless it's one of their premium themes (which Jade isn't). 

Deaks

does look nice i like the catbg :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Boricua012

You're going to release this theme  ????

Advertisement: