News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Member Options on Copy of Curve Therme

Started by playful, June 12, 2010, 08:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playful

Hi everyone,

I have 3 forums on 1.1.11, but started a new one on 2.0... What a treat!!!

Searched the board for "member options" but did not find the answer.
In 1.1, it was advised to create a copy of the default theme and to tweak that copy, rather than the default.
So in 2.0, I did the same and copied "Curve".

My question has to do with Member Options. In "Default Theme - Curve", I had set up the new user options so that they always get notified of replies.
But when I shift the theme to the Curve Copy, I have no option to edit the new user options.
Does this mean that my users no longer get automatically notified of post replies?
Or do these settings get pulled automatically from "Default Theme - Curve"? In which case, if I keep changing options in "Default Theme - Curve", will they automatically apply to the theme I am using (Curve Copy)?

Looking forward to your insights,
Wishing all a fun day,
With gratitude,

:)

rd

I am not sure since I'm not much of a theme person.

You know you can test this out right? Just make a new account and post, see if you reply messages. 

playful

QuoteJust make a new account and post

Great idea, thanks!
It works (the "Curve Copy" inherits "Curve Default" member options).

One word of warning, though: When you change the theme to "Curve Copy", the non-standard options in "Curve Default" seem to get overwritten. You then have to change the options again in "Curve Default", and "Curve Copy" inherits them. Not a problem, just something to be aware of. :)

Best wishes!

Advertisement: