News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hiding Karma

Started by Cheat, June 13, 2010, 01:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheat

Hi, I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3. I am looking for a way to hide the "Karma: #" on topic and profile view. I still want to be able to add and subtract Karma, but the value and title needs to be hidden.

I've tried to edit it out of the Display.template.php file in the default theme, but I keep getting an error. Is there a way to remove it?

// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?
if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
echo '
<li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';
elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
echo '
<li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' +', $message['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';
Sep7agon.net [nofollow] | Off-topic and Gaming Site

Cheat

I tried deleting that section from the file and got a black bar at the top of all topics with the following at the far left of it:

Sep7agon.net [nofollow] | Off-topic and Gaming Site

Deaks

ss4_Cheatlancer do you still need assistance if so please attach your Display.template.php
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: