Some of the problems i have seen in smf 2.0rc3

Started by kartheekb, June 13, 2010, 06:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartheekb

I don't know they are bugs are not.. i need to post some problems i am facing....i dont know where to post these if posted wrong..u can move topic...but hope i will get help for my doughts?

1.when we post any new topic  the page is automatically redirecting back to that section (category).
      it is good if the page shows the posted topic preview after we made a post / topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. i have created different categories  & sub Categories in it (shown on image 1).

when i go to category there we have some subcategories what we have created   . then whats the need of new topic & some menu in main category.members will post in sub categories?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.very less fields in Registration forum.we can add manually but need automatically minimum fields
  -> date of birth column..
  -> display name
  -> invite friends option after registering (no MOD  available in my version)
  -> & more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. why there is no common video embedding codes for all videos. there are different codes for every video hosting sites?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

HOPE I WILL GET SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE PROBLEMS
www.jntuhub.com/forum (check out my forums)

kartheekb

Acans

Hi, please do not bump topics (double posts) that are not older than 24 hours, we are all volunteers here.

1. Can be turned on via the Admin Contral Panel

2. Because its still a board, alot of people that make chill boards (Subs boards also use the Parent board to posts topics in.) Example can be found on this very forum, the Announcements and news board. The menu is their to make new topics in that board.

3. Only displays whats needed really needed, every webmaster is different and may or may not want extra registration fields.

4. Cannot answer this, however i think the AVEA media modification allows this, don't quote me tho.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

kartheekb

for the Question number
1. may i know where we can change?

3. display name is a very common field in every forum s/w.it is a basic i think..

TheListener

α¢αηѕ is correct in stating that to embed videos the Aeva media mod is required.

kartheekb

TheListener

Antechinus

1/ Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout settings > Member options > Change current options for all members using this theme > Return to topics after posting by default > Change.

3/ As already pointed out you can add fields manually, which means you already have a solution for this question.

kartheekb

For Q1. i have find the menu..thank u

for Q 3.

suppose if i add date of birth field manual..

does the information usefull to show in "todays birthdays" of that members

Antechinus

Hmm. I don't know. Never tried it. Try it with a test account and set the birthday to today. See what happens. :)

kartheekb

:-) ok brother.

plz make a suggest to who make those application to ateast add display name , date of birth fields..those are basic which are 90% of admins needed

TheListener

These can be added by the admins if they want these but I can't remember where.

Profile fields I think.

kartheekb

ok ..i know adding fields....

i am asking for default..

anyway i am leaving it.. thanks for u r valuable replys

Acans

Sorry i didn't reply earlier but i went to sleep.

Marking as solved.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Antechinus

Quote from: kartheekb on June 13, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
:-) ok brother.

plz make a suggest to who make those application to ateast add display name , date of birth fields..those are basic which are 90% of admins needed
Well as we've said for ages 2.0 is feature locked now. I'm not sure 90% of admins really need this. We certainly don't get 90% of admins asking for it.

Advertisement: