News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need some support

Started by CMDCMD, June 13, 2010, 08:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMDCMD

First I want an mod there users can give bad or good feedback after a trade in the forum. Like Tradera and sites like that. Not a ratingsystem for the topics or something, it should be a feedback system for users that they can see who they can trust and who they can't trust. Is there a mod like this or can someone help me fix a mod for this?

I also want to remove some things in the forum that I don't want or need. I mark the things with red on there screenshots. Please explain for a noob, I'm not good at SMF yet :P I want to remove these things to make the foprum easier to read and more clean.

I also want to remove some fields in the memberlist, and in the profile page. Here's screens of what I mean.

And if it's possible, remve the signature field in settings for an user. I already inactivated the signatures but users still can chose one in the profile.

And one more thing, I want that if a user klicks on a link thats out of my forum, it should go throught this service http://anonym.to/ how to fix that? Just paste that code in the index.php file on my board?

How to remove this things? I you can answear in Swedish do it, or english if you can't Swedish! Many thanks in advance!

CMDCMD

Matthew K.

I really would not suggest removing all of that. But please attach your themes Display.template.php as well as Profile.template.php for your theme.

You can disable the memberlist fields via the Admin panel, so there is no need to remove them from the file itself.
Labradoodle-360

PurpleCrow

Why would you want to remove all that from threads??!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Acans

Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 13, 2010, 09:59:35 AM
Why would you want to remove all that from threads??!

Beats me lol.

As for your rating system, in Admin > Core features, enable Karma, than in Admin > Features and options > Karma edit the settings you wish.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Mick.

Well some folks have different needs i guess.  That's why is OK the modify things to your liking.

The setback to that is, when uploading mods that require to find those lines of codes that now are missing because it was edited, these mods will fail.

Because of that, i betcha ill be seeing you here for support because the mods failed.

Acans

Quote from: bluedevil on June 13, 2010, 11:11:02 AM
The setback to that is, when uploading mods that require to find those lines of codes that now are missing because it was edited, these mods will fail.

Hadn't thought of that lol, very true tho.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

CMDCMD

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on June 13, 2010, 09:22:08 AM
I really would not suggest removing all of that. But please attach your themes Display.template.php as well as Profile.template.php for your theme.

You can disable the memberlist fields via the Admin panel, so there is no need to remove them from the file itself.
Labradoodle-360
Where in the Admin Control Panel? I can't find it.

Matthew K.

Step 1.) Admin > Configuration > Advanced Profile Fields - Check that; Then continue to the next step.
Step 2.) Admin > Configuration > Features and Options... > Profile Fields - Uncheck the desired fields which will disable them.

CMDCMD

Now I just want to fix this: I want that if a user klicks on a link thats out of my forum, it should go throught this service http://anonym.to/ how to fix that? Just paste that code in the index.php file on my board? Please explain how to fix it! :)

Matthew K.

That's actually a very neat service; And I may consider packing it up into a mod later on.

But the answer to your question is yes. Simply add that code inside the head of index.template.php (if it's outside of an echo, make sure to add one.)

CMDCMD

Just one question about it, where is that file located? I can't find it... Or is it the index.php in the main directory on my server?

Deaks

in your themes directory :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: