News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2.0 RC3 problems

Started by CrisisX, June 13, 2010, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrisisX

I have 2 problems, first of all, I tried to add buttons in subs.php but it's not working like it does in RC2, how do I add buttons?

Also, if you see on the community page on SMF there is an "Advertisement" text and an add under it, how would I add something like that to my forum, not the ad, but if I want to add there what file would it go into?

Thanks.

TheListener

The box where the advert is would be added with the use of a mod.

Acans

Adding buttons to RC3 is no different, but when you upgrade from RC2 to RC3 all the buttons you added get deleted and must be re-added.

Also i just checked your theme, all is required is subs.php.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

CrisisX

How do I remove Members: 41446  •  Posts: 19256  •  Topics: 2196 Please welcome Hateforlyfe, our newest member on my forum. I know it's in admin, but where? Also, how do I remove the "Personal Message" under users online?

Acans

Quote from: CrisisX on June 13, 2010, 10:42:33 PM
How do I remove Members: 41446  •  Posts: 19256  •  Topics: 2196 Please welcome Hateforlyfe, our newest member on my forum. I know it's in admin, but where? Also, how do I remove the "Personal Message" under users online?

In the information centre on index view?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

CrisisX

Never mind, fixed everything, I still can't add buttons. They are invisible when I add them.

Advertisement: