Photo resizer

Started by encodeme, June 14, 2010, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

encodeme

Hi,
Is there anyway of resizing photos for both file size and pixel size on upload within SMF.
I would like my registered clients to be able to their upload photos, but because of my 2MB file restriction they need to reduce them.
I know its possible with FastStones re-sizer on their machines, but I would like to make it easier.
Thanks
encodeme

spritzer

You can restrict image size in Admin>Configuration>Features and Options>Layout

Kill Em All

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1197

If your talking about attachments, which I think you are, go to Admin>Attachments and Avatars>Attachment Settings

There are a bunch of settings there to play with.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

encodeme

Hi,
Thanks for the replies on where to find the config settings.

It may be my explanation, but i was hoping it may be possible to intergrate a photo resizer within SMF.
Then if somebody wants to upload a 5MB 1000px photo it could be automatically reduced to my 2MB 800px limit on upload.
Cheers
encodeme

Kill Em All

That would be a mod request. You can limit the max size of the attachment, but there is nothing to compress it or anything similar.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

encodeme

Many thanks for the help, I'm not sure if there is enough support for a mod request?
Cheers
encodeme

Kill Em All

Maybe not, but someone might do it for money. You never know.

Garry1953

I use the below mod on my Art forum.

Resize Attached Images
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

Description:
Automatically re-sizes attached images to the same dimensions as for posted images.

This mod will resize all attached .jpg, .png, .gif, or .bmp images save them as .jpg. Either as they are being uploaded, or for existing images, when they are viewed. As well, any existing .png, .gif, or .bmp images will be converted to .jpg.

encodeme

Many thanks,
I'll have a play with it .
encodeme

Advertisement: