Custom Profile Fields Blank Error

Started by 4b11l, June 15, 2010, 07:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4b11l

Hello all,

Recently, I upgraded my board from 2.0rc2 to rc3. When I did so, everything went well but I noticed all my profile fields were all alphabetized. I went to try and reorganize them and I couldn't, but noticed that new member registrations were having problems. Most of the profile fields, even if filled out; will come up with an error that the field is empty. Below is an example error. These fields range from text input to selection drop down and even if selected or text inputted, I am still getting this error. I have no errors in the Error Log at all to go off of. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

QuoteThe following errors were detected in your registration. Please correct them to continue:

* The "Year" field cannot be left blank.

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

4b11l

Yes, I have mods, but they have never caused issue in rc2 until I updated.

Quote1. Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. PM to New Members 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Wrap Text Around Image 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. SMF Trader System 1.4.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Thank-O-Matic 2.0 RC2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. VB Style User Profile In Posts 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Post Template Mod 0.1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. SimplePortal 2.3.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. Ad Managment 2.3.6   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Aeva Media 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. Recent Topics On Board Index 1.03   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Hide Edited Line 1.0.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Topics list support [Taby] 1.05   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. Referrals Mod 2.2.7.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. Order Custom Profile Fields 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. Custom_Top_menu 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Users Online Today 1.5.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

CapadY

Start looking at "Order Costum Profile Fields" MOD. I suppose that will give your problems.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

4b11l

No it's not that mod. I installed that mod to reorganize them as they became undone. I noticed that this was already happening even before I installed the mod. I actually installed it hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't. Any more help anyone?

smp420

Try disabling custom profile fields and enabling them again.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

4b11l

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that didn't do it also. Disabled and registered a new account, worked. Enabled and setup the fields again and did it again; the same error. Any more suggestions?

smp420

Did you remove the fields or disable it in Core Features?
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

4b11l

Yes, disabled the feature in core. Re-enabled afterwards.

smp420

I think I found the problem for some reason if you have a select box with numbers as the options it always says it is blank. To fix it just dont require entry for it, since it is a select box then they have to select something anyways. This does seem like a bug to me though.

Edit I just tested it more and it actually does this for any select box or radio box regardless as long as you have ,more than 1 custom field.

4b11l

@smp420.

I have tested that theory and yes that seems to be the problem. I have actually tried using the radio box and it still does the same thing. For the time being I have disabled the "require entry" for the time being. Can you think of a quick fix for this or anything? This particular field I use is number based.

smp420

I submited a bug report for this and will take a look at it later. There really is no point in requiring entry anyways on a select box though because they have to choose something anyways.

4b11l

Advertisement: