Cannot change Forum URL

Started by Tobpi, June 16, 2010, 07:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobpi

The Forum URL ist shown as hxxp://ip-adress/smf and I would like to change it to hxxp://fqdn (Domain is set up and working). When I enter the board with  hxxp://fqdn everything is ok but all links are shown as hxxp://ip-adress/smf/index.php?topic=xyz.
When I change the Forum URL on the Server>Path page to hxxp://fqdn nothing happens, the URL is set back to hxxp://ip-adress/smf. I even tried the repair_settings tool but without any success.
Anybody any idea?
Perhaps I can chnage the URL in the according setup file - but I dont know which it is.
Or is it something in the apache files I have to change?

Thanks

CapadY

Running repair_settings should be the solution for the most paths.

But, repair_settings don't change the paths for theme's so you should have to edit those manualy in the theme settings.

Another thing that can give problems is the cache.
Open settings.php and edit the cache-path manualy, this is also not done by repair_settings.

Last but not least, empty the forum cache.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Tobpi

Thx for your reply but I dont want to change any path, only the Forum URL. Everything after the FQDN stays as it is. In Settings.pgp $boardurl is set to hxxp://fqdn but without any difference.
I dont use Cache, so I cannot change anything here.

CapadY

In that case, it's my misunderstanding.

I realy thought you wanted to change forum IP in url to domainname in URL

Maybe somebody else will understand what your problem is when it isn't changing the forum url.

NanoSector

In settings.php and settings_bak.php located in ./smf are URLs to the forum.
Change them.

Also for the themes you will have to do that in-forum.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

CapadY

NanoSector

You cannot change URLs without changing paths, weirdo! :P
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Tobpi

ok, perhaps I wasnt clear enough, here my next try:

I want to change the Forum URL in Configuration > Server Settings > Database and Path

from

hxxp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/smf

to

hxxp://mydomain.com

If I try to change it, nothing happens and it is set back to hxxp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/smf.

In Settings.pgp / ans Settings_bak.php - which should not be interesting here) $boardurl is set to hxxp://mydomain.com.
repair_settings dindt help either.

Any Ideas?

irwin

maybe yes: take a look inside your setting-> themes & layout -> theme settings... and also the same for avatar setting and stop.. because u have already changed the name of your general setting, is do?
:-P

if u use aeva media... check also there all the seting url address ;-)

NanoSector

Quote from: Tobpi on June 17, 2010, 05:07:02 AM
ok, perhaps I wasnt clear enough, here my next try:

I want to change the Forum URL in Configuration > Server Settings > Database and Path

from

hxxp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/smf

to

hxxp://mydomain.com

If I try to change it, nothing happens and it is set back to hxxp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/smf.

In Settings.pgp / ans Settings_bak.php - which should not be interesting here) $boardurl is set to hxxp://mydomain.com.
repair_settings dindt help either.

Any Ideas?
Did you press "Save" and does SMF already exist on that site?

Advertisement: