News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to Use PayPal for Subscription Service

Started by perfects, June 16, 2010, 11:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfects

Could some one please tell me, how or where do I set-up a paypal link so that my members could upgrade and for new members to subscribe to my forum. 

I have set-up the subscription part and I got the IPN link from paypal.

But how do I create a link to receive paypal payments,  I will create a board for members to join where they will find the link, to sign up.

Thanks for your help

CapadY

That link already exist

Look at member profile - actions
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

perfects

sorry I don't get this?  I don't understand your answer.  Could you please post the url for the link so I could read it.

Thanks

PurpleCrow

You mean you want to use the inbuilt subscription feature? If so...

First off, ensure that "Paid Subscriptions" are enabled in the Core Features section of the Admin Panel.

Then go to Admin > Members > Paid Subscriptions > Settings and enter your paypal address.

Then set up the subscriptions and away you go ;)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

CapadY

Quote from: perfects on June 16, 2010, 12:14:03 PM
sorry I don't get this?  I don't understand your answer.  Could you please post the url for the link so I could read it.

Thanks

You were asking for a link for members to subscribe.

When a member visit his own profile, select overview, select actions, there is an option "Payd subscription".
Herewith a member do his payment.

perfects

Hi Purplecrow,
That is exactly what I did.  I think I need to create a new board for sign-ups then I need to create a paypal button or hyperlink so people could click on that to do a payment?   Because at the moment I have no link to use for people to sign up.  What do you think?

PurpleCrow

Quote from: perfects on June 16, 2010, 01:46:41 PM
Hi Purplecrow,
That is exactly what I did.  I think I need to create a new board for sign-ups then I need to create a paypal button or hyperlink so people could click on that to do a payment?   Because at the moment I have no link to use for people to sign up.  What do you think?

Nope, its all  built in  ;) Users will now be able to go to their profile > actions (hover over it) > Paid Subscriptions and order a subscription through there. You can see it through your own profile.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

perfects

PurpleCrow - thank you so much :D - I did it step-by-step just like you said and you are right it is all there.  I just need to give my members some step-by-step instructions on how to activate their membership. 

thanks for your help I appreciate it

PurpleCrow

Quote from: perfects on June 16, 2010, 02:15:15 PM
PurpleCrow - thank you so much :D - I did it step-by-step just like you said and you are right it is all there.  I just need to give my members some step-by-step instructions on how to activate their membership. 

No problem, sometimes its just finding stuff that can be the hardest!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

CapadY

Quote from: capady on June 16, 2010, 01:39:49 PM

When a member visit his own profile, select overview, select actions, there is an option "Payd subscription".

I suppose this wan't clear enough ?

PurpleCrow

Quote from: capady on June 16, 2010, 04:44:32 PM
Quote from: capady on June 16, 2010, 01:39:49 PM

I suppose this wan't clear enough ?

Not particularly, certainly if you have no idea where your meant to go.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

perfects

Hi PurpleCrow,
Thanks for helping me setting this up.  I have one more question:  How and where do I check to see if people did register?

Thanks again for all your help   :D

PurpleCrow

Admin > Hover over "Members" > Paid Subscriptions - it will list all active, finished and pending subscriptions :)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

perfects

Oh, okay, so it won't give a list of names just a number ?  What does it mean if it says pending?  Do I need to do something then?

PurpleCrow

Quote from: perfects on June 19, 2010, 11:11:11 AM
Oh, okay, so it won't give a list of names just a number ?  What does it mean if it says pending?  Do I need to do something then?

Not sure about the names - I've got to wait for someone to subscribe before I can tell you that one lol.

Pending - its pending payment from the member.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

If you have set it on request, then it will show up as Pending. If not then the payment is pending. It depends what area shows Pending.

androidhelpersdotcom

Quote from: perfects on June 16, 2010, 02:15:15 PM

Actually, if you do what i did and add a tab... it's quite easy! See screenshot!

EDIT: Refer here on how to add tabs!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=261880.0

Using 2.0 RC3, Glassy Curve Theme

perfects

I want to thank you all for helping me with this adventure.  I would love to add add a tab to my forum, thanks for sharing. :)  Guess I would ask someone to do it for me.  I stay far away from doing anything to the software. :o

Could someone please explain why do I have a difference between finished and active.  I know what  active means, but finished, what are they finished with, they did not even start yet?

Some of my members say that they could not click on the monthly option, is this baloney or is there something I need to fix.  What happen if someone did not sign-up for automatic monthly subscription will they get canceled automatically?

Thanks for helping and guiding me I appreciate it :)

Advertisement: