Paid Subscriptions - does SMF require the primary email?

Started by LaurieC, June 16, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieC

I have an installation of 2.0 RC3 that I want to use the Paid Subscriptions in. I also have Joomla installed with PaymentsPlus which  I use for a classified section on our site. Both require that the return IPN script location be set in paypal and of course you can only have one listed in paypal.

I have been looking at every thread that has to do with PayPal and IPN here on SMF and I looked at the documentation and didn't find anything there either. I have looked at the PaymentsPlus site and am going to post there as well.

I did find this thread that has a possible solution, if SMF doesn't require the primary pay pal email address to be used. It would enable me to use more than one email address associated with Pay Pal.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=347712.msg2354403#msg2354403

So the question is.... Does the paid subscriptions in 2.0 RC3 require that the primary email be used?
Make someone smile today...

Deaks

Hi Laurie, I cannot be 100% but I am not sure that it does
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

vbgamer45

SMF sets paypal variable notify_url in the form used so it knows to post back to SMF. It does not matter if you have a different url setup in your paypal account as long as you have IPN enabled.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

LaurieC

Thank you both for your answers, I appreciate you both.

I ended up using a solution that I found here (scriptomart.com) so that I could receive payments from more than one source at a time and both sources would automatically update as advertised.

I have set it so that SMF is using the Primary email address and my Joomla PaymentsPlus is using a secondary email address.

I hope that this is helpful to someone that is trying to do the same thing later on down the line.
Make someone smile today...

Advertisement: