News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database question

Started by Tryskoski, June 16, 2010, 05:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryskoski

When I copy text from a word document into a post and go to preview it, it looks fine.  I then save it and go view it and most of its missing.   It seems that it is saves everything up until it sees the first 's.

Example- Ava loves her new dog.  Ava's dogs name is Sadie.

After you save it it would only save "Ava loves her new dog.  Ava".

It seems I have to retype all the 's.  then it will save the whole sentence.

Is there a way to fix that.  Not sure what to search for.

amko_sa

Try to copy text from word in notepad and then copy from notepad to post.

Tryskoski

Just tried it coping it from word and pasting it in notepad++.  I then copied that and pasted it in the message and it stops the message once it it the '.
Its very odd.

Tryskoski

it seems like the database does not store  's so this breaks it when it parses the post.  Not sure if that can be fixed or if its a hosting issue.

Tryskoski

It also stops at quotation marks.

CapadY

Word isn't realy the best programm to copy text from, Word documents are carying a lot of rubish you dont't see.

Try another text editor.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Tryskoski

I did.  I copied it to Notepad++, but that still didn't fix the problem.

Tryskoski

Any help on this.  Is it possible to fix this or do I have to just deal with it.

Thanks again.

Tryskoski

Nobody else has this issue.  Could it be my Host?

xenovanis

What encoding is your database using? If it's utf-8, make sure you use the appropiate languagefiles.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Tryskoski

Is this what you  mean?

This is whats listed in my PHPadmin

MySQL connection collation:  UTF8_unicode_cit

xenovanis

And what language are you using? There are languagepacks for utf-8, have you tried using that for your forumlanguage?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Tryskoski

In the configuration-languages this is what it says

English ISO-8859-1

Where would I get the correct package?

Thank you for your help.

xenovanis

Tryskoski

That did it.  Thank You so much.

Advertisement: