News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SSI.php and keywords

Started by MultiformeIngegno, June 17, 2010, 05:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiformeIngegno

Hello! :)

I've set some keywords from the admin panel, what I want to do now is to have different keywords on a ssi.php page I created... Since I use $context['page_title'] = 'My Page Title'; to specify the page title, I thought I could specify the keywords using $context['meta_keywords'] = 'keyword1, keyword2, etc'; .. but that didn't work, I always see the forum keywords... how can I specify different keywords?

Thanks! 8)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

MultiformeIngegno

Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Yağız...

Are you adding $context['meta_keywords'] = 'keyword1, keyword2, etc'; before or after require('SSI.php'); ?

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Yağız... on June 18, 2010, 07:54:52 AM
Are you adding $context['meta_keywords'] = 'keyword1, keyword2, etc'; before or after require('SSI.php'); ?
It's the same... I've tried both before and after.. :(

MultiformeIngegno

Yağız...

I'm here :P

Are you using the same theme as your forum on your page?

CapadY

The keywords are loaded from the database. You can try to change them in your own programm but as soon as the keywords are loaded again from the database you'll have your old keywords back.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

MultiformeIngegno

@yagiz: yes default theme..
@capady: uhm... a little help..? xD

Yağız...

Tried myself, and didn't worked :P Don't know why though. robot_no_index and page_title works perfectly but not this one ...

MultiformeIngegno

Bug or expected (weird) behavior? :o

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

./Themes/default/index.template.php

<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />

I am not sure about SSI Meta, but this is for the whole forum.

MultiformeIngegno

Ehm... I knew.. perhaps you can read before posting.. :P

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can you link me to the page you are trying to add it in and the forum page ? I didn't really get a few bits in the post so thought of putting the idea down. Sorry about that.

MultiformeIngegno

I resume this topic because I still can't find a solution to this...
What I want to do is specify some keywords using this argument (after including SSI.php):
$context['meta_keywords'] = 'keyword1, keyword2, etc';

The problem is that this isn't recognized by SMF, that outputs the default keywords...

Deaks

MultiformeIngegno do you still require assistance
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

MultiformeIngegno

Yeah.... do you need more info of the problem or it's clear?

P.S.: Thanks for your help! :)

Kill Em All

Why don't you manually add the meta keywords to your forum and main page and not use the keywords from the database?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: