Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Email Send error

Started by nanboat_at_nan, June 18, 2010, 06:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanboat_at_nan

Hi,All
I'm a newer web admin. i have a email problem
for example ,member forgot password and member try to get new password by enter email member.
but my forum it cannot send an email.

I go setting my email at "Maintenance->mail->mail setting"
when i set email type to "SMTP" , in error log i got
"2: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen[/url]]: unable to connect to 113.53.228.11:587 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
and
"Could not connect to SMTP host SMTP : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

and when i set email type to (PHP Default) , in error log i got
"2: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail[/url]]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address"  and
"Unable to send mail to the email address 'valid [email protected]' "

i test with Outlook Express and my own phpmailer script with my email setting it work fine.
i use SMF 2 RC2

need somebody advice me.
and thank for your reply

JBlaze

Sounds like either your server's mail daemon is down, or your host does not allow the sending of emails.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

nanboat_at_nan

thank rm -rf
and what can i do for next step?
modify smf email source code ,or change to other hosting?

smp420

Contact your host and ask them about it. Editing the code wont fix it if thats the case.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Advertisement: