News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changing Members Post Totals Question

Started by sbt, June 18, 2010, 09:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbt

We are adding new admin to our forum, and since the members posts are in the thousands, we would like to be able to give some posts to the admin so they can be in the thousands too so they won't be newbies at 0.

In 1 there was a way in profiles but we can find nothing in RC3 to change posts numbers. Have looked at the database and not sure how to do it.

Is this possible and how could we do it please?
Easy instructions, have only done a few things in databases, just learning how they do things, lol.

Have searched and searched and only found how to merge, not add posts.

PurpleCrow

On a non technical note - this could make him look really bad to those members who have worked at getting those thousands of posts... It could do more harm than anything so I would think about it carefully before you do it.

Ona technical note - Go to the persons Profile > Account Settings > Change the number under "posts"
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

sbt

We thought of that, are discussing how we should do it.

We also in an upgrade lost alot of members that had alot of posts in the thousands that they accumulated over a year and they had to start at 0 again, not happy, lol.
Our workaround was to make a only visible to them section so they could post anything they want to reget their posts, some have very high posts to get and they will be a long time regetting them all since they do not have time to post every day, so this would benefit them as well if we could figure how to do it.

In 1 it was on that page but on RC3 it only has

Username
Name
Date Registered
Primary Membergroup:
Additional Membergroups:
Email
Show others my online status
Choose password
Verify password
Secret Question
Answer

PurpleCrow

It should be under "Date Registered", thats at least how it is one mine...
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

sbt

Knew it was gonna be something little we didnt find, lol. We couldnt see it cause we shut off posts view in features and options. lol

Thank You so much.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: sbt on June 18, 2010, 09:51:56 AM
Knew it was gonna be something little we didnt find, lol. We couldnt see it cause we shut off posts view in features and options. lol

Thank You so much.

No worries :) Good luck with the post count stuff  ;)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: