News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

send PM

Started by 4X4UK, June 18, 2010, 03:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4X4UK

SMF 2.0 RC3 Default theme Core, Firefox 3.6.3 and IE8

from user profile and any other send personal message link for a user the resultant post message screen  displays the username under the TO box but not in it.

This only seems to happen in the core theme and is the same in IE and Firefox I have attached a screenshot.

kat

I've moved this to the support boards, coz you're more likely to get the help you need, there.

Do you have any mods installed?

Actually, mine does that, too. (I just checked). I believe that's deliberate, so that you can add other members, should you want to send the message to other members, too.

4X4UK

yes but only 2

You tube BBcode and teampage  I also get the exact same problem on here as well which is why I believe it is a bug in the core theme template

kat

Yeah, it does it here, too.

I really thought it was meant to be like that, to be honest.

4X4UK

its not a major issue its more of a pain in the butt as you end up having to type in the hole username again

kat

You don't have to do that. ;)

It WILL go to the right person.

4X4UK

as long as you enter the username in the To box it definitely goes to the right person

kat

It will, anyway.

Try it and see. ;)

smp420

That is how its supposed to be as Kat said you don't have to type the username again, it is like that so you can send the same pm to more than 1 person.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

4X4UK

yeah tried it and it does send without doing anything

my mistake

kat

Advertisement: