News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem with attachs after Update

Started by Lorthand, June 19, 2010, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorthand

Hi everybody, im posting here cos i could not to find a solution in spanish section.
I have updated my SMF from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC3. Everything works fine, but all attached images before the update are not working. I have them on the same folder than new attachs.
A working attach looks like this:
http://---------------------/?action=dlattach;attach=2395
A "broken" link looks the same:
http://---------------------/?action=dlattach;attach=2052
I was looking the database and both attachs looks alike, the only difference is in the "File_Hash" column, where on the new attachs says a long number and on the oldest is the name of the file.
I hope you understand me. I can read English, but i feel like a caveman writing.
Thanks!

Kill Em All

Your links are useless without the full link.

Are there any errors in your error log?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Lorthand

The full link:
http://www.maspique.com/pesca-en-mar/pesca-embarcado-mdq-17-04-2010/?action=dlattach;attach=2052
and the working link:
http://www.maspique.com/fotos-y-videos/probando/?action=dlattach;attach=2409
My error log is continuosly adding errors, like ten by minute:

Visitante
    Hoy a las10:04:13
d53ed3d5c22d8c0176763c3cbf9cccf8
Tipo de error: Indefinidos
http://www.maspique.com/index.php?pretty;board=pique-al-dia;topic=pique-al-18-de-junio-del-2010-(costa-atlantica).0&prev_next=next8: Undefined index: linktree_inlineArchivo: /home4/clubdeju/public_html/maspique/Sources/Display.php
Línea: 558

jeremias
    Hoy a las10:03:46
ef2d964e41a5e3a410101fadbd9780bc
Tipo de error: Indefinidos
http://www.maspique.com/index.php?pretty;board=pesca-en-lagunas;topic=las-encadenadas-de-ruta-2-(5-lagunas)-con-fotos-y-info-del-2010.0&action=post;quote=32166;num_replies=88: Undefined index: linktree_inlineArchivo: /home4/clubdeju/public_html/maspique/Sources/Post.php
Línea: 1079

Kill Em All

What is repair_settings.php?

Try that just in case something got screwed up in the paths. Also make sure using FTP that the Attachments directory is CHMOD to 755 and the files in it(the attachments) are CHMOD to 644.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Lorthand

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 20, 2010, 10:33:26 PM
What is repair_settings.php?

Try that just in case something got screwed up in the paths. Also make sure using FTP that the Attachments directory is CHMOD to 755 and the files in it(the attachments) are CHMOD to 644.

Thanks for your answer, i tried whit repair_settings and there are no changes, same whit CHMOD...

Kill Em All

Do you have any mods installed right now?

Also check:
Admin>Attachments and avatars>Max attachment folder space:

Make sure that has a sufficient number in it.

Lorthand

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 21, 2010, 03:50:30 PM
Do you have any mods installed right now?

Also check:
Admin>Attachments and avatars>Max attachment folder space:

Make sure that has a sufficient number in it.

I have installed PrettyURLs and simpleportal, i tryed uninstalling them but nothing

Kill Em All

Do you happen to have multiple attachment directories setup? If so, make sure those paths are correct.

I'm currently hoping that something didn't go wrong with the database upgrade from 1.1.x.

Lorthand

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 21, 2010, 08:51:21 PM
Do you happen to have multiple attachment directories setup? If so, make sure those paths are correct.
No, i have the deffault attachment directory...

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 21, 2010, 08:51:21 PM
I'm currently hoping that something didn't go wrong with the database upgrade from 1.1.x.
That's what i think...
In the database old and new attachs looks alike, the only difference is in the "File_Hash" column, where on the new attachs says a long number and on the oldest is the name of the file. Do you want a screen?

Kill Em All

The files might not have been being encrypted. Do you happen to know if they were encrypted while you were using 1.1.x?

I have a feeling that might be the problem. 2.0 is trying to read unencrypted files while it can't.

Just to make sure we aren't going in the wrong path:
when you did the upgrade, you didn't do any files transfers like re-upload your attachments, right?

In your attachments directory, are the attachments hashed there?

Lorthand

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 23, 2010, 05:55:18 PM
The files might not have been being encrypted. Do you happen to know if they were encrypted while you were using 1.1.x?

I have a feeling that might be the problem. 2.0 is trying to read unencrypted files while it can't.

Just to make sure we aren't going in the wrong path:
when you did the upgrade, you didn't do any files transfers like re-upload your attachments, right?

In your attachments directory, are the attachments hashed there?

No, i didn't transfer any file, i just ran the upgrade and everything seemed to be right.
Is there a way to encrypt the old files?

Kill Em All

I honestly don't even know. I know you can encrypt them(or hash, now I can't remember what it is), but I'm not even sure what format it would be...

Can you check to see if in your attachments directory, if it looks like the files are hashed/encrypted?

Lorthand

The new attachments creates a file like this:
2449_5816193de37b3e8d49d66cc78658685ef9096c86
The old attachs haven't any "encrypted" file

Kill Em All

Thats really strange. For some reason your forum was treating them as normal files....

I'm gonna see if any others can help this out.

Lorthand

Ok thanks... I dont know what to do...

Kays

Hi, the link to the example doesn't work so it's hard to see what's happening.

file_hash was added for 1.1.9. But any older attachments should still show properly.

Is it that the thumbnails don't show? Or the image if you click on the link?

If it's the thumbs not showing, try changing the size of them. This will force them to be recreated.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Lorthand

Quote from: Kays on July 03, 2010, 08:41:31 AM
Hi, the link to the example doesn't work so it's hard to see what's happening.

file_hash was added for 1.1.9. But any older attachments should still show properly.

Is it that the thumbnails don't show? Or the image if you click on the link?

If it's the thumbs not showing, try changing the size of them. This will force them to be recreated.

Hi, It dosnt show the thumbnail and the image neither, the files are in the attachs folder, but shows me a broken link when i click...

This is a post whit old attachs, and i have added a new attach:
http://www.maspique.com/pesca-en-mar/pesca-embarcado-mdq-17-04-2010/

Thanks for your help

Kays

Does it do this with the default theme? (The topic id is missing from the url)

What are the file names as they appear in the attachments folder. Both the old and new names?

What mods do you have installed?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Lorthand

Quote from: Kays on July 04, 2010, 12:23:15 PM
Does it do this with the default theme? (The topic id is missing from the url)
Yes, it does, the attachs are in the first topic
[/quote]

What are the file names as they appear in the attachments folder. Both the old and new names?
The new images creates a file like this:
2474_1ca780f37599b2fe0c8511856e6fe1fc527a0540
The old images uses the file name, like:
100_7099.JPG
and
100_7099.JPG_thumb

What mods do you have installed?

I have installed PretyUrls, SimplePortal and i recently installed Highslide 4 SMF

Kays

Maybe I should of clarified the first point. The topic id should be in the url for the attachment. Which it isn't.  Check all of the file versions to make sure they are up to date.

Did you try the default theme?

The file names look proper. Did  this work before you added any of the mods?

My Mods

Lorthand

Quote from: Kays on July 07, 2010, 12:05:25 AM
Maybe I should of clarified the first point. The topic id should be in the url for the attachment. Which it isn't.  Check all of the file versions to make sure they are up to date.
Checked, all files are up to date

Did you try the default theme?

Yes, i tried and there are no changes.

The file names look proper. Did  this work before you added any of the mods?

No, stopped working after the RC2 update. I tried re-update and dosnt work

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

How about you grab your attachments from the backup and reupload them? Does that work?

Lorthand

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 16, 2010, 11:22:53 AM
How about you grab your attachments from the backup and reupload them? Does that work?

Didnt work... With or without the files in the attachment folder shows the same error.

Kays

Can you open and view any of the images which don't show?

My Mods

Lorthand

I can open all images downloading them from the attachs folder...

Kays

Everything looks fine to me so I'm kinda stumped as to why they aren't showing.

Did you try re-sizing the thumbnails as I suggested earlier?

My Mods

Lorthand

Quote from: Kays on July 18, 2010, 11:19:44 PM
Everything looks fine to me so I'm kinda stumped as to why they aren't showing.

Did you try re-sizing the thumbnails as I suggested earlier?

Yes i have tried that too...
As you say, everything looks to be fine...
I will have to re-attach old images one by one, whit time and patience...
Thanks everybody for your help! :)

Kays

If you go into Attachments and Avatars, in the Attachment settings where the folder path is shown there's a link which will enable a few utilities to check your attachments. It's a bit funky to find. Try running those.

My Mods

Lorthand

Quote from: Kays on July 22, 2010, 06:20:41 PM
If you go into Attachments and Avatars, in the Attachment settings where the folder path is shown there's a link which will enable a few utilities to check your attachments. It's a bit funky to find. Try running those.
I have finded only the "add multimple folders" option in Attachment settigs page. I tryed runing the "Attachment Integrity Check" in "File Maintenance" and shows this:
210 thumbs do not have a father attachment
1674 attachments haven't an entry or does not exist
I have not continued, because I fear that eliminates the attachments from posts...

Kill Em All

Lorthand, do you need any further assistance with this problem? Have you asked your host if they have any possible back ups?

Lorthand

No thanks, i have the files so i dont need a backup... I yield anyway...
Thank you very much for your help guys.

Kill Em All

I am going to mark the topic solved then, please feel free to unmark it solved if you have further questions. :)

Advertisement: