News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"Users active in the past ## minutes"

Started by mitk0o0o0, June 21, 2010, 05:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitk0o0o0

Hello, i recently started a forum and i would like to get some more members and i kind want to trick them by making them think there's alot  of people online and active on the "Who's online" list, i changed the cookie session and the user online length or whatever it was called, now at the bottom it says "Users active in the past 1440 minutes:", so as you can see it says the minutes i typed in on the settings, which file should i edit so that i can make it say 15 and not the minutes from the settings.
I've looked at alot of places and i can't seem to find that line.

In a few words: I want to make it show fake info at the bottom.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Lorthand

Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Look for $txt['users_active'] = 'Users active in past %1$d minutes' and change "%1$d" by the number you want.

mitk0o0o0

Quote from: Lorthand on June 21, 2010, 08:47:03 AM
Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Look for $txt['users_active'] = 'Users active in past %1$d minutes' and change "%1$d" by the number you want.
Thanks, but it still hasn't changed  :-\ Do I have to wait for a while or i will need to change some more stuff.

Lorthand

have you changed the index.english (if is that your default language) of your current theme?

mitk0o0o0

Quote from: Lorthand on June 21, 2010, 11:31:15 AM
have you changed the index.english (if is that your default language) of your current theme?
Yes, I'm using the default theme. Also tried on all the other installed themes but they don't even have that file.

PurpleCrow

Try making the changes to the index.english-utf8.php file.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

kat

Try installing it in emulation. (Always backup, before installing mods)

PurpleCrow

Quote from: mitk0o0o0 on June 22, 2010, 08:01:37 AM
Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 21, 2010, 01:46:01 PM
Where can i find those files  ???

Its either just above or just below the other file you edited (the index.english.php one).

Themes > Default > Languages (via FTP)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

mitk0o0o0

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2010, 08:20:58 AM
Try installing it in emulation. (Always backup, before installing mods)
Will do, thanks.

Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 22, 2010, 09:58:20 AM
Quote from: mitk0o0o0 on June 22, 2010, 08:01:37 AM
Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 21, 2010, 01:46:01 PM
Where can i find those files  ???

Its either just above or just below the other file you edited (the index.english.php one).

Themes > Default > Languages (via FTP)
Nope, not there.  :-\

Deaks

did you try clearing cache and hard refreshing?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: