News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

error in subscription code to use Paypal

Started by perfects, June 21, 2010, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfects

I have a problem with people subscribing using the paypal function.  This is what the paypal tech told me:
How do I change or fix this.

Thanks  :)

This is caused by the use of Framing or URL Masking on your webpage. When our logos are used in a Frame or Masked, the PayPal URL is not displayed, nor is the security lock displayed in the browser. This can also cause Run Time errors for most browsers if using JavaScript on the web site as well as time out issue when used with payment buttons. To resolve this issue you will need to have the PayPal page open unmasked or outside the Frame. One way to do this is by adding target="paypal" in the <form action> tag of the HTML code.

For example this is how the first line of code in your PayPal <form> button may look now:
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

This is how it should look if using framing on your webpage:
<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

perfects

Could this be the reason for this ERROR:

I asked a guy here on SMF to add a back ground to my forum, the same as what I have on my blog.

Now before he did this. the access url to the forum was:  www.perfectsewandfit.com/forum  this link still work and people could sign-up using this link with no problem what so ever.

But when he added the background he changed the url to perfectsewandfit.com/forums when you use this link or enter through the blog the url never change no matter where you go in the forum.  I did ask him why this was and he said that is the way it was suppose to be.

Or maybe I could get the old link for my old forum back, if only I knew how :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have no idea how to fix this, could someone please let me know

Deaks

ok im sorry but what is the exact issue?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: