How do I get to a file I can't find to fix parse error

Started by cyberwolf000, June 23, 2010, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberwolf000

I am getting a parse error and it is pointing me to "/home/content/c/y/b/cyberwolf000/html/forum/Themes/default/Compat.template.php".  I can't figure out how to get to this file.  I can't find the "/home" directory anywhere that I have looked.  I am totally locked out of my forum until I fix this.  I tried running the repair_settings.php with no luck.  Here is the error message in its entirety. 

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/content/c/y/b/cyberwolf000/html/forum/Themes/default/Compat.template.php  on line 32"

This happened after I installed a new theme and tried switching to it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using SMF 2.0 RC3.
Cyberwolf
For the Pack is the Strength of the Wolf,
and the Wolf is the Strength of the Pack!
                                               - R. Kipling

CapadY

I'm sure you will able to find "/html/forum/Themes/default/Compat.template.php"

What happens if you activate the default Theme ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

cyberwolf000

I can't even get into my forum to change the theme.  When ever I navigate to my forum I get the error I had mentioned.  I still can't get to even the path you suggested.  I guess my question should have been, what program do I use to access these paths.  I tried using Filezilla thinking that it was one of the directories in my website.  I also tried using Firefox to navigate to it with no luck.  I am still fairly new to this whole thing and am learning new things all of the time.  Can you give me some pointers as to how to get there?
Cyberwolf
                                               - R. Kipling

CapadY

Use PHPMyAdmin to set the used theme with your own account to 1. As far as I know this is the default theme. When I'm wrong the used theme should be zero :)

When that works you can at least configure your forum as it should be.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

xenovanis

You'll find Compat.template.php in the directory /Themes/default/

Did you try to install any modifications that could have caused this error? The simple way would be uploading a fresh copy of the file to overwrite the old one. You can use the one found in the installationpackage for RC3.

This could however break any mods you've installed.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

cyberwolf000

Quote from: capady on June 23, 2010, 02:42:18 PM
Use PHPMyAdmin to set the used theme with your own account to 1. As far as I know this is the default theme. When I'm wrong the used theme should be zero :)

that worked fine.  Thanks for your help.
Cyberwolf
                                               - R. Kipling

cyberwolf000

Quote from: cyberwolf000 on June 23, 2010, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: capady on June 23, 2010, 02:42:18 PM

that worked fine.  Thanks for your help.

I see where it is now.  Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated.
Cyberwolf
                                               - R. Kipling

Advertisement: