News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Removing Board from Index

Started by PurpleCrow, June 24, 2010, 09:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

Now, I have no idea if this is possible but I thought I would ask anyway.

Is there a way to remove a board from displaying on the forum index but still be able to access it via the board URL? I assume it would mean removing some code from somewhere.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

kat

You can make it so that it's hidden from everyone but admins, via "Permissions". But, that's about all, I believe.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: K@ on June 24, 2010, 10:02:27 AM
You can make it so that it's hidden from everyone but admins, via "Permissions". But, that's about all, I believe.

Ok, you know the menu bar (Home, Forum, Profile etc) is created in the file by each one having its individual code and you can remove it from the menu bar if you remove its piece of code, is that not possible for boards? I have no idea how they are coded so sorry if thats an obvious and stupid question  :-\ But if it is created in a similar way, a new piece of code being added each time you add a new board to the forum, surely you could just remove that small piece of code which tells the page to display a link to it on the board index?

Thats my thinking, but I have no idea how the code works for the board index
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

PurpleCrow

Oh! PS - I dont want to hide it from members, I want them to be able to access it but I was hoping I could do it via a link in the menu bar (creating a new tab using the link to the forum)... If you see what I mean...
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Don't quote me, on this...

I believe that that information is stored in the database and it's set up by arrays, in index.php.

I could well be typing total bollox, though. ;)

PurpleCrow

Quote from: K@ on June 24, 2010, 10:20:12 AM
Don't quote me, on this...

I believe that that information is stored in the database and it's set up by arrays, in index.php.

I could well be typing total bollox, though. ;)

Hehe, no harm in having a look.

What would I be looking for? Forum ID (the number ID)?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

PurpleCrow

I've done it! Its worked perfectly, check out this thread - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=45723.40

Specifically, this post -

Quote from: Arantor on November 23, 2009, 06:03:09 PM
Hmm, both 31 and 32 were in that list.

I have a slightly better suggestion for 2.0 though.

Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Code (find) Select
WHERE {query_see_board}

Code (replace) Select
WHERE b.id_board NOT IN (31,32) AND {query_see_board}

It's a variation of my Hide Ignored Boards mod's code.

These numbers -
Quote(31,32)
are the ID for the forum (for example, the board I wanted to hide had the ID "77", so I replaced 31,32 with 77

;D ;D ;D
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: