AjaxChat gives 500 error

Started by LadyL, June 24, 2010, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyL

I installed ajax chat on my forum, version 3.2.1 RC3 Curve Friendly. My forum is version 2.0 RC3 (link: hxxp:www.evill.nl/forum [nonactive]) and my theme is Anaconda Alt. I enabled the choutbox and also ticked all the other chatsettings there, I also made sure all the permissions where set correct. After that I went to my forum to see how it looked. However, my shoutbox gave a 500 connection error and the chat page didn't load saying that it couldn't find 'hxxp:www.evill.nl/forum/chat/index.php' [nonactive]

This is what I've already tried:

I have deleted cookies and emptied my buffer (every time I tried something new)

I have emptied the cache of my forum in my ftp (also every time I tried something new)

I have hit ctrl + f5 (also every time I tried something new)

I have read this post and tried the following things out of it:
- I used the package-parser to find all my theme-specific adjustments, however, in that post it says that you also need to do some ajustments to the style.css, while the package-parser doesn't show any ajustments to be made, also the package parser tells me to go to Themes/[your theme]/index.template.php and find:
echo '
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
</ul>';

And add above that:

if (!empty($modSettings['enableChatBelowPM'])){
$count = count(chatOnlineUsers());
if ($count == 0 )
echo '<li>' . $txt['chat_no_user'] . '</li>';
elseif ($count == 1 )
echo '<li>1' . $txt['chat_aUser'] . '</li>';
else
echo '<li> ' . $count . $txt['chat_users'] . '.</li>';
}

However I couldn't find the part there that I was supposed to find in the first place. I could find $context['current_time'] and I tried adding the part above, but when that didn't help either I deleted it again.
Any other Parser-recommendations I could correctly adjust (exept the adjustment to the boardindex template because anaconda doesn't have a seperate board index but it was allready adjusted in the de default theme I saw)
- I also had Pretty URLs installed but I deinstalled it as recommended
- The next thing that post recommended was to set my file permissions
QuoteIf you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.
There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755 (and in some cases CHMOD the actual "Folders" as well).
However, those folders are actually on my ftp but are nowhere to be seen on the file permissions-page

Any help would be very welcome :)

Kill Em All

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340411.msg2293433#msg2293433

That topic might help.

For mod Related Questions it is best to ask the mod author. You can find a link to a topic for the mod or a support board on the mod's page in the Mod Site

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

LadyL

Thanks a lot :) I'll try finding blanks that shouldn't be there and if that doesn't help I'll post my question in the correct thread.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

LadyL

It got fixed by a friend of mine, he has a SMF forum too (he's the one that got me addicted to SMF in the first place (A)) apparently I still did something wrong with the CHMOD-stuff :)

Ims333

I'm getting this same problem when I installed AjaxChat, how did you fix it? That Topic that was given didn't help.

LadyL

I'm not sure, didn't do it myself, but I'll ask him how he did it :)

Golovior

It quite easy actually, if you use the right fpt-program...

If you have installed it normally, the following files get the wrong permission:
/chat/index.php
/shoutbox/index.php

These should be manually set to 755.

I'm using filezilla to do this:

Search for the files -> right mouseclick in the file -> filerights (don't know if it is called like this in the english version, i'm using the dutch version where it is called "bestandsrechten") -> set the rights to #755 -> OK

Do this for both files and the shoutbox and chat should be working just fine.

I hope it works for you!!

Ims333

Quote from: Golovior on July 01, 2010, 05:56:10 PM
It quite easy actually, if you use the right fpt-program...

If you have installed it normally, the following files get the wrong permission:
/chat/index.php
/shoutbox/index.php

These should be manually set to 755.

I'm using filezilla to do this:

Search for the files -> right mouseclick in the file -> filerights (don't know if it is called like this in the english version, i'm using the dutch version where it is called "bestandsrechten") -> set the rights to #755 -> OK

Do this for both files and the shoutbox and chat should be working just fine.

I hope it works for you!!

THANKS!

<3 <3 <3 SMF SUPPORT PEOPLE <3 <3 <3

Advertisement: