News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error with Post area as well as sending a new pm

Started by Kenamura, June 24, 2010, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenamura

Ok so i just noticed today that my forum had decided to be all weird, and i know there have been a few topics on this i believe but as from what i saw they were of no help what so ever so i figured i would try to get some help this way with a new topic.

Alrighty well im sure alot of you have noticed that the BBC area has gone missing, i noticed this as well about 3 hours ago. Well i woke up this morning and it was working just fine and all that and i got home from work i noticed that the post area, in which im now typing this out for you guys here haha. Well they disappeared on me and ill post a few screen shots below for you all to see, this issue is annyoing mt to an extreme level so here it goes.

I have a fresh Copy of the latest of SMF well of the RC which is 2.0 RC3 and all i get when i click the new post i have no BBC/Color or anything there where it should be, and right below the text box i receive

\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<'

and when i copy and paste the above off the "Send message" page is this

*EDIT* the code that shows when i copy and paste the
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<'
Was very messy, so i took it out to lessen the confusion and im still unaware of the reason SMF isnt working right.*END EDIT*

Sorry it is unclean and such but that is how exactly i get it if i copy and paste the thing right below the text box.

Now for the screen shots, remember this is a FRESH copy of SMF 2.0 RC3

My Messages:

Reply:

New Topic:

..... It would be wicked awesome to get this fixed soon thanks

*Edit* I also tested this on Google Chrome, FireFox, IE8, Safari all pose the same issue

CapadY

I hope you understand we can't do anything with this code because of all the rubbish.

Did you clear the forumcache after placing the fresh file copy ? If not it's possible you are still working with the old files which are still in the cache.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Kenamura

That code wasnt meant for working, it was simply saying when i highlight and copy the n\t\t\t\t\t on the page and paste it thats what i get. and this is all a fresh install i even set it up on a new database and everything, and i noticed that one of my other sites which uses the same forum started to do it as well, but im not sure how long ago that happened. But everything on the one im working on now is fresh nothing is held up from any old site or anything to my knowledge

*edit*  figured i should add this as well haha, everything on the forum is new, no mod, fresh install, new database, and even downloaded the file for the SMF forum program, meaning yes i downloaded the software/program recently actually it was about two days ago, so everything is new

Kenamura

Ok this error is annoying me to no ends, anyone knows whats up with the problem im getting?

Kenamura

Ok So im still a little annoyed at this mishap but i found a slight fix to this issue, i believe the hosting site i was using was causing it, because i switched over to Lime Domains from UnlimitedMB and it works perfectly, only thing i would like is more room on Lime Domains lol but it works for now. To the coding Gods of SMF the lord Almighty's can you find a way to fix this issue?

Thanks  and SMF is my number one choice for forums. thanks guys you dod a great job! And yes i know it sounds suck upish lol

Trater

Using search....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=388039.0

This problem by your hosting or advertising / code in it.
If You using paid Hosting, msg to Administrator.

When You use free hosting (.cba.pl, yoyo, or other english free hostings ) must wait on stabile version (Now is RC) and when go out you should send message to Administrator free hosting.

Thanks.:)

kat

Please note that continually bumping your topics is likely to get them ignored.

Everybody, here, is a volunteer we and may well be in totally different time-zones, to you.

Kenamura

One thing, i didnt hit the "marked as solved button" which i just now noticed today after a few years at SMF, this is a new account i lost all the details for the other one, but yea I stated that i found out that it was a conflicting issue with the hosting site and the SMF forum program, and that it was still an issue to a degree for people who didnt want to switch to a new hosting site, but yes i agree "if" i were to keep bumping this topic it would be ignored, but yea i fixed it somewhat by switching hosting sites so yea thanks

xenovanis

Funny how that goes. I found this topic while trying to find a solution for Trater in the other topic a couple of days ago and just this morning, I thought about posting here to find confirmation on the forced adds problem. I had some personal issues to attend to first.

Analyzing problems or finding solutions just takes a little time sometimes. Just because there's no reply, it doesn't mean it's forgotten. Sometimes there's just no fix, or it takes a while to find out.

That, and maybe I'm telepathic  :P
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kenamura

I know right? i was so vexed over this so i ended up changing over to a new hosting site so it ended up working out slightly i guess but is is a little annoying i mean i love SMF  it is one hell of a forum program, but with the hosting site you can find are a bit horrible to a point

xenovanis

Well, given the odds, the majority of the users doesn't experience problems with their hosting. Maybe SMF requires a little more attention regarding hosts, but once installed in a stable enviroment it's the greatest forumpackage :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kenamura

Exactly SMF is pretty hardcore. its been my choice of forums since i started using them, back so many years back lol, i think like 2 or 3 years about. But i believe there should be a list with which hosts are a good match for SMF, and which version of SMF it works well with, such as SMF 1.1.11 works well with UnlimitedMB, where as SMF 2.0 RC3 doesnt, nor does Any of the SMF RC programs.

xenovanis

Creating such a list would be very time consuming, I can imagine. Not only are there tens of thousands hosts out there, a lot are crappy, overselling or just trying to make some quick money. And then there are those who adjust their settings, regardless of their users needs, like you can see here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=379541.msg2612083#msg2612083

Howver, there's a pretty good selection over at the Hosts, Hosting and Commercial Services Board.

Kenamura

Haha nice list lol, but right now im rolling with the "Lime Domains" that i keep seeing on SMF and a few other places. which so far its free service was ok but it lacked the power to edit files and such and im to lazt to put my coding gear back on my computer, well that and no more free time unlike now XD. But i guess your right about the time consumption, it would be a pain in the arse.

Advertisement: