News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Wasting space!

Started by forfun, June 26, 2010, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forfun

I really ned help.  I am using simple curve theme, and SMF 2.0 RC3.  In each post, there is a LARGE space between the top to the first line.
I have never seeen this before in any previous SMF version.
How do I fix this problem?

Here is my site, http://www.hdvtwinforums.com

Thanks MUCH for any help

xenovanis

Your link is not working for me.

Have you tried viewing at it using a wider screen? It looks like your screenresolution is very small.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

cicka

The link is not working for me too.

I have never had this issue myself so I am thinking it is not caused by smf but maybe from a add on that you have installed. When did you notice this? What was the lats add on you installed before this happened or any modification at all you applied at your forum?

forfun

Sorry for the link typo!
I use PortMX portal, and a mod, global announcement.  I don't know any thing that will cause this problem.
It is very straight forward for the forum by itself, in terms of the theme.

PurpleCrow

I went onto your forum, viewed a few topics and I cant see any space like on the image you attatched anywhere ???
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

forfun

Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 26, 2010, 01:05:26 PM
I went onto your forum, viewed a few topics and I cant see any space like on the image you attatched anywhere ???

Thanks for the quick reponse!
I have noticed that this problem only shows up in IE version 7, which I am using.  If I view the site with FireFox, then it is OK.
How do I fix this problem, so the view is "corrected" in IE?
Thanks again

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Have you tried to edit the post to make sure there are not a bunch of [ b r ] 's in there?

Its only happening on the 1st post by the looks of it.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 01:10:54 PM
Have you tried to edit the post to make sure there are not a bunch of [ b r ] 's in there?

Its only happening on the 1st post by the looks of it.

No, it happens to all the post, but it only happens in IE, not Firefox :(

cicka

I don't use IE 7 and therefore I can not see the error. With the latest version of IE that I use everything looks fine. Maybe it is some bug with IE 7.

When did you notice this happening?

PurpleCrow

Thats why you should use IE, the oh so wonderfully rubbish IE :p
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

forfun

Quote from: cicka on June 26, 2010, 01:20:58 PM
I don't use IE 7 and therefore I can not see the error. With the latest version of IE that I use everything looks fine. Maybe it is some bug with IE 7.

When did you notice this happening?

I think it has been there since I set the site up, but I have just noticed the problem in a couple weeks ago.
Just that it is not really "important" until now.  It is kind of bugging me now, to look at the blank space in each post.

forfun

Quote from: PurpleCrow on June 26, 2010, 01:23:51 PM
Thats why you should use IE, the oh so wonderfully rubbish IE :p

I hear what you've said, but the site is for everyone, and I think there are many viewers still using IE7.
I am not sure SMF group will look into this problem.  Cross my fingers!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

It happened to me, in FireFox too, looks like it could be a CSS error, which mods (if any do you have)

SMF 2.0 RC5

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 01:32:44 PM
It happened to me, in FireFox too, looks like it could be a CSS error, which mods (if any do you have)

"global announcement"  so far, that's the only one that I have installed.  What Firefox version that you are running? mine is V.3.0.19

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

forfun

My "wasted space" problem is fine in my current Firefox.  If you have problem of viewing my site with newer firefox, then SMF may have a bug in this issue.
I have set my firefox to automatically check for update, so I have thought it should be updated,
I will check in this part.
Thanks

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I just changed your entire index.css file, via a on the fly editor, its definitely in there the issue is, If you restore that entire file your problem should be fixed

.Themes/{your theme} or {default}/css/index.css

If you have mods which have edited this file you will need to add the edits again for index.css

btw, I have latest FireFox too.

SMF 2.0 RC5

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 01:52:41 PM
I just changed your entire index.css file, via a on the fly editor, its definitely in there the issue is, If you restore that entire file your problem should be fixed

If you have mods which have edited this file you will need to add the edits again for index.css

Thanks much, I will reupload the file, and let you know

forfun

Quote from: forfun on June 26, 2010, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 01:52:41 PM

Thanks much, I will reupload the file, and let you know

That's not solving the problem.
BTW. I have no problem of viewing this site with IE7, so I can eliminate the IE problem by itself.
Any other suggestions

forfun

Up date!
If I swtch to the CORE theme, then the problem is gone!
This tells me that the problem is somewhere in the simple Curve theme.
Any info to solve this "wasted space" problem with Curve theme will be appreciated.

Advertisement: