News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to change image type from .gif to .png when inside topic

Started by Modelistis, June 27, 2010, 07:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelistis

How to change image type that categorizes the post when we are inside topic from showing as .gif to show as .png

Im using SMF 2.0 RC3

Example i want the image with a circle below (my_normal_post.gif) to start showing my_normal_post.png that i´ve made with Photoshop.

Deaks

that would be in display.template.php, also for future can I please suggest saving in jpeg, gif or png ... bmp's are massive in size and generally sh!t to use :)

can a mod also please move this to smf 2 support :D
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

flapjack

you don't have to change anything in the template files, just rename your .bmp to .gif, .jpg or .png

Modelistis

Quote from: Runic on June 27, 2010, 01:03:48 PM
that would be in display.template.php, also for future can I please suggest saving in jpeg, gif or png ... bmp's are massive in size and generally sh!t to use :)

can a mod also please move this to smf 2 support :D

It´s in jpeg now.....  ;)

I´ve looked in the display template but didnt find the code that intructs to load this files as .gif....

Deaks

Quote from: flapjack on June 27, 2010, 02:40:16 PM
Quote from: flapjack on June 27, 2010, 02:12:36 PM
you don't have to change anything in the template files, just rename your .bmp to .gif, .jpg or .png

^^^

my post was on about the attachment, he wants to use a png instead of a .gif so both ways work
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Modelistis

Quote from: flapjack on June 27, 2010, 02:12:36 PM

Hi know that i can rename the files and it works fine to, but i would like to know wich template gives the code for this images to be loaded as .gif
I did look into display template but didn´t find anything.

Advertisement: