News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No autosuggest and pop-up with custom theme

Started by ArtemisIV, June 27, 2010, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtemisIV

Heya,

At our forum we use a custom theme. The theme is based on SilentWave. However the Autosuggest (when sending a PM) system doesn't work on our theme. When you receive a new Personal Message, the pop-up also seems to be not working. I haven't found more broken scripts, the editor and news fader are working for example.
I tried to reinstall the clean version of the theme and the scripts are working there. So what have we done wrong?

PurpleCrow

Do you mean the pop-up isnt appearing? Have you turned it on via the theme settings?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

ArtemisIV

Yes, it is turned on. I tried in on the clean theme with exactly the same settings and the pop-up did actually appear.

EDIT: Well, it becomes stranger and stranger. The autosuggest script seems to work in Opera, even in our edited theme. In Firefox however, it only works in the clean theme. The pop-up isn't working in Opera in either theme.

Deaks

does this happen in other themes aswell or just silent wave?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: