Losing my hair! Avatar problem

Started by TheListener, June 27, 2010, 08:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Since the forum was moved to a new host some avatars show and others don't.

The images in the gallery show but are currently looking like a tv screen which isn't tuned in properly.

I feel as though I should know what th error is but I don't.

Any ideas.

How do I change the path for the avatars so they point to the new host and not the old?

the forum can be found at www.miltonkeynesaware.co.cc/mkaforum

xenovanis

I found one missing avatar which apparently is in the new location. Looks like the path is correct, but just to be sure, you did correct all settings with repair_settings?

I believe there is a bug in FileZilla with uploading avatars. I haven't read through the topic but it might be a start:
Important Notice: Do you use Filezilla? Avatars and Attachments lost?

Using ftp, sometimes images get corrupted during upload. You might want to try to uploading them again, maybe using a different ftp client.

And finally, have you checked folder and directorypermissions?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

TheListener

If the permissions are set to 755 then there's no probs there.

Is there a way I can get the avatars corrected via the cpanel?

(not a fan of ftp).

xenovanis

Umm.. not sure. Not a fan of cPanels filemanager :P I never got beyond the point where you could only upload single files.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

TheListener

Consider yaself soaked with a water balloon

;D

Thanks bud

xenovanis

Quote from: Brack1 on June 27, 2010, 09:07:09 AM
Consider yaself soaked with a water balloon

;D

Thanks bud

Thanks, I needed that. Temperatures are very high today  8)

I noticed no change, did you try uploading your files again? I was thinking it could also be an issue with the serversettings from your new host, maybe it has something to do with GD. Unfortunately my knowledge about serverconfiguration is very poor.

Advertisement: