2.0 RC3 Problem with Packages

Started by Bangzor, June 28, 2010, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bangzor

well when i try to admin>packages>upload says : "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

what should i do ..

btw im newbish

cicka

Quote from: Bangzor on June 28, 2010, 04:43:48 PM
well when i try to admin>packages>upload says : "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

what should i do ..

btw im newbish

You will need to chmodd the Packages directory. You can so with your ftp program or even through the File Manager.

Bangzor

what you mean, step by step im newbie  :-X  :'(

ab1cor

If you got Filezilla, search for "packages" directory --> click right button --> set permissions --> 777

Bangzor

i have to send package files to ftp everytime ?

sAce

No, you just need to make the directory writable so, the packages can be stored by package manager

Bangzor

xenovanis

Try chmod 750 or 755 as well. Some servers consider being open to the world not writable.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bangzor

Quote from: xenovanis on June 29, 2010, 05:19:12 AM
Try chmod 750 or 755 as well. Some servers consider being open to the world not writable.
again nothing  :'(
same thing

P.S:i hosted on freewebhostingarea.com

: (

cicka

Can you create a temp folder inside the Packages folder and chmodd that too? I read in another thread where such thing was adviced by similiar problems witht he Package manager.

Bangzor

Quote from: cicka on June 29, 2010, 06:01:06 AM
Can you create a temp folder inside the Packages folder and chmodd that too? I read in another thread where such thing was adviced by similiar problems witht he Package manager.
750 ?

cicka

Quote from: Bangzor on June 29, 2010, 06:12:27 AM
Quote from: cicka on June 29, 2010, 06:01:06 AM
750 ?

Try to chmodd it first to 777.

Bangzor

cicka

Quote from: Bangzor on June 29, 2010, 06:34:22 AM
still nothing :(

Then it could be a problem with your host from which I understood it is a free one. They have all kinds of restrictions. Try to contact them about this or switch to a paid host.

Bangzor

any suggestion about other host?

Bangzor

i mean with packages ftp etc : )
im newbie told you

CapadY

It can be an problem with the owner of the files and I think your provider is the only one who can change that.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: