News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem uploading themes

Started by ab1cor, June 28, 2010, 08:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab1cor

Hello guys, I have a problem with my smf 2.0 RC 3; when I try to upload ANY theme i get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

The curious thing is: while uploading mods everyting works ok...

Please help.

Kill Em All

You are quite confused. Mods are completely different than themes. They get uploaded different ways.

Mods get uploaded through the Package manager.

Themes get uploaded through Admin>Themes and Layout>From a file: >Browse>upload the zipped theme>Install

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

ab1cor

Thanks a lot man! Wow so stupid mistake ;D

Kill Em All

No problem, happens to everyone. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: